What Did You Fly Today

Jade_Monkey07

I flew the Airnox Spit and the Trojan last night, but gave in after just a few minutes with each. I just didn't feel like it.

Anyone else get that?
Yeah I get that with planes that fly too well or i know work properly. New designs/builds and the fine tuning is what keeps it fresh for me. I enjoy the fear of crashing as much as the flying.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
No. :oops: (I only searched "umx ultrix"...) Looks like the 600mm has landing gear and an actual XT-something plug for the battery. Neither of which appear on its little brother. I wonder how it handles at low speeds ... mine does that very well.

Anyway, the small one is still a joy to fly. And maybe I'll remember to get a flight on video sometime. :)
Started on a 600mm foam version on Friday , Mounting a couple of brushed quad motors , just working those details out now
IMG_20210717_120808151.jpg
IMG_20210716_212909377.jpg

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I flew the Airnox Spit and the Trojan last night, but gave in after just a few minutes with each. I just didn't feel like it.

Anyone else get that?
Absolutely, glad I’m not alone in that. And there are days I just don’t feel sharp enough to fly and have fun at it. I could do it but it would be too much work.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
First to the field, last to leave. Got super stupid with the FT TT, 4 packs FPV demo chasing planes and floating trees with the Strix AWK210 for a potential new guy at the field, More FPV plane chasing With the Nano Goblin, LaBelle Dame, Stratosurfer testing various ArduPilot flight modes, and wrapped it all up LOS testing various props on my newest Nano Goblin. First time I have flown one of my Goblins LOS. Making progress! Got some stuff to maiden next time out. Need more hours in the day.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Thanks. Thats awesome! I thought itd be something fancy and expensive. Just gonna take a lot of practice.
Yep, nothing fancy, the servos are just a mix match of what I had in my miscellaneous servo box, eflites, Esky, hitecs, among others, nothin' expensive though. The biggest thing is practice!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Flying in calm is greaat. But some stuff you can only do on windy days (switch to HD to see anything)
Nice! on the marginal Planes, you need to dive THEN loop. (I do that kinda thing with my Old Fogey. it can do loops and rolls. just take some finesse. :) good work.

daxian

Elite member
@ foamy dm ...that was on low rates lol...done the rates thing forever ...!!! low was set to 40% mid to 70% and high at 100,all with 30 expo ....will reduce them and try again soon...

Bricks

Master member
@ foamy dm ...that was on low rates lol...done the rates thing forever ...!!! low was set to 40% mid to 70% and high at 100,all with 30 expo ....will reduce them and try again soon...

Not sure how much throw your high rates have, for my 3D planes my high rates have roughly 50% expo at least on the ailerons I can sti9ll handle 30% on elevator and rudder but the ailerons will get me if not enough expo.