What Do you Think of the Not So New Master Series Spitfire?

skymaster

Elite member
I love the new design, i have an old one it is very nice and it handles awesome. but the only thing that keeps popping into my head is if we have a weight limit of 250g why are they making them bigger.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I love the new design, i have an old one it is very nice and it handles awesome. but the only thing that keeps popping into my head is if we have a weight limit of 250g why are they making them bigger.
So many people are talking of a weight LIMIT. It's not a limit, it's a restriction between registered and not registered. And really there is no one to enforce the law that hasn't even been put into place yet. If you build a FB plane that is over 250 grams today, chances are that it will not survive by the time the law even comes into effect, and you will probably have built another 40 planes before there is any enforcement.

There is no need to be so eager to comply to a law that has no precedence, no risk assessment, no enforcement, and is against your constitutional freedoms and rights in a democracy. By complying to such an outlandish law you are being fear mongered into a fascist state where if you take this first small step, you will be walked all over later on. They are just testing the waters to see how many people will just lay on their backs and take it. Once you as the people start this momentum, just like dominos they will walk all over you. What ever happened to by the people, of the people and for the people, if the people just keep taking it one finger at a time

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Too bad theP47 wing mod won’t work with the spit wing it is right at the bottom.
so I can’t sandwich the wing.
You mean to fully remove the wing to change the battery? There might still be a way to do it. At least it's working in my head :unsure::LOL:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
any plans out of your head yet?
It might be hard to explain, but generally it's the same idea as what others have done where the bottom hatch lid locks in the wing with magnets and a hook at the front, except the Spit the hatch lid is only half to 2/3rds the wing chord. I don't think it needs to extend the full chord as long as the magnets hold the hatch on securely. It is just the same thing but a shorter hatch lid.

I did the removeable wing on the original Spitfire I built when I started in the hobby, but because I was just starting out the crashes happened a lot, still kinda do. And I always recommended to build the original Spit with a fixed wing because the removable one would tear the fuse apart on a nose hit just from momentum. With the way this one indexes it might be easier on the fuse in a crash, but there are also the wing root fairings, something the original Spit didn't have, that might be an issue as well. So doing the removable wing might be difficult to make it functional and still look smooth. Hard to say with not having it sitting in front of you to make the decision on how to make it work

PoorManRC

Master member
So many people are talking of a weight LIMIT. It's not a limit, it's a restriction between registered and not registered. And really there is no one to enforce the law that hasn't even been put into place yet. If you build a FB plane that is over 250 grams today, chances are that it will not survive by the time the law even comes into effect, and you will probably have built another 40 planes before there is any enforcement.

There is no need to be so eager to comply to a law that has no precedence, no risk assessment, no enforcement, and is against your constitutional freedoms and rights in a democracy. By complying to such an outlandish law you are being fear mongered into a fascist state where if you take this first small step, you will be walked all over later on. They are just testing the waters to see how many people will just lay on their backs and take it. Once you as the people start this momentum, just like dominos they will walk all over you. What ever happened to by the people, of the people and for the people, if the people just keep taking it one finger at a time
I'm DESPERATELY trying not to get Political.......
But if Bernie is our next President, we WILL become a Fascist, Nanny State.

fermus

Just build, painted and maidened, flew great after some trim! Got a maiden video, but was done by my 4 yr old so not the best. Had 10mph winds, not the best, but handled well. Using 4s 2200 all the way up.

Attachments

• spitfire.jpg
    spitfire.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Just build, painted and maidened, flew great after some trim! Got a maiden video, but was done by my 4 yr old so not the best. Had 10mph winds, not the best, but handled well. Using 4s 2200 all the way up.

Great looking plane, nice livery, and a clean build. I think your 4 year old does better camera work then my 9 year old, for hire?

chris398mx

Master member
So far foam doublers seem to work fine. Power pod , not so much! Despite decent landings can't seem to avoid prop strikes, and pulled firewall off. Need to make a new power pod tomorrow, and I'll try going down to 9" prop (but seems John Overstreet flies these with a 10" without issues - must be me...)
NO, not only you. I can't run the 10 inch prop without overheating on 4S. It is ok on 3S using the FliteTest C pack radial.