What Do you Think of the Not So New Master Series Spitfire?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Not a Rimfire though 😉😁
Not at all! Although my system was glitching out in t kitfox the other day. I was wondering if it was because the esc doesn’t get any airflow... I switched to a 10x7 from the 12x6 which helped a little. Does your esc get airflow in your kitfox?

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Just build, painted and maidened, flew great after some trim! Got a maiden video, but was done by my 4 yr old so not the best. Had 10mph winds, not the best, but handled well. Using 4s 2200 all the way up.

I really like a 4s 3200-3600mah battery in mine...makes much more stable and no difference in power...

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Not at all! Although my system was glitching out in t kitfox the other day. I was wondering if it was because the esc doesn’t get any airflow... I switched to a 10x7 from the 12x6 which helped a little. Does your esc get airflow in your kitfox?
Mine has plenty of airflow, but I had to cut an exhaust vent tin the back
Correct...went to a 9x6 from a 10x4.7...it's actually a little faster and no noticeable difference in power, but the motor doesn't heat up at all now...
Since I can haul the Kitfox around on the rimfire spinning an 11x7x3, I can do the same with the Spit as well. On a 5450 3s it should haul around better then the Kitfox if it has unlimited vertical. Either that or use the 12x6 APC

Jeffo

I’ll throw my 2 cents in regarding the removable wing. My solution is not elegant, but should work. I’ll let the pictures explain it. I used 5mm ply for my spars (it’s what I had on hand), so in using the kit or called for wing spars, they’d probably need beefing up. Also, would be best to implement this during construction of the fuse, not after like I did. PLEASE ignore the somewhat sloppy workmanship. I’m by no means a “master builder” :)

Attachments

• 7E0DBEFB-B3AF-45D9-9B6D-E0C0EC4B64F2.jpeg
    7E0DBEFB-B3AF-45D9-9B6D-E0C0EC4B64F2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • BAB1C6CC-1A97-4936-BD54-2CC8C2711652.jpeg
    BAB1C6CC-1A97-4936-BD54-2CC8C2711652.jpeg
    840.9 KB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I’ll throw my 2 cents in regarding the removable wing. My solution is not elegant, but should work. I’ll let the pictures explain it. I used 5mm ply for my spars (it’s what I had on hand), so in using the kit or called for wing spars, they’d probably need beefing up. Also, would be best to implement this during construction of the fuse, not after like I did. PLEASE ignore the somewhat sloppy workmanship. I’m by no means a “master builder” :)
I like that - it's a good idea.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
First picture - the wing. Three bits of paint stick - two short ones at the front locate the leading edge, and the one along the centreline stiffens this portion of the wing to take the load.
Second picture - two short pieces of paint stick give a hard wearing surface for the wing location sticks to meet at the front. Positioned so the draught excluder foam on the wing saddle is slightly compressed when the front of the wing is dropped into place.
Third picture - the white foam structure forms a bridge between the battery box and the rear bulkhead. Velcro is hooked under the bridge. Wing saddle has doubler foam added.
Picture four - wing in situ. Front locates under the wooden surfaces, compressing the draught foam. Rear pressed down to compress the foam, and the Velcro strap tightened. Voila.
Idea was inspired by the Ben Harber monster B52 which had a Velcro strap system to locate the removable wing. Nothing new under the sun!

View attachment 156973 View attachment 156974 View attachment 156975 View attachment 156976 Sorry about the mud. Occupational hazard for belly lander in winter.
I'll have to copy that idea for my IL-2 removable wing. What are the specs on your velcro straps, and have you had any trouble with the velcro method so far?

The Fopster

Master member
I'll have to copy that idea for my IL-2 removable wing. What are the specs on your velcro straps, and have you had any trouble with the velcro method so far?
The Velcro is just normal stuff, about an inch wide. It's been trouble free - no problems so far.