What does MKR2 stand for

Royal Pluto

I think the title already says it all. I looked at the ft store to see if they have any new interesting planes, and a bunch of the old ones now have MRK2 at the end. Is it a redesign or a different type of foam that is being used? Is the MKR2 version better than the other?
Thx in advance for any replies :)

hankflies03

MKR2 means it is made from their new water resistant foam that is white instead of brown. both are fine but the MKR2 would be easier to paint.

Tench745

Master member
What hankflies says. It indicates it's the white "Maker" foam. The 2 differentiates it from the last round of maker foam that had some quality control issues.

Crow929

Is the new MKR2 water resistant? It doesn't specify that anywhere in the description.
As of now, it's the only board they're selling on the store.
(below is the store's description)
MKR2.png

Crow929

Opinions needed, I've never used the new MKR2 boards.
I want to make a Sea Duck. Should I buy the kit that is made from the old brown boards, or buy a box of MKR2 and cut it out myself from plans? I'm not opposed to the extra work if the end product would be better.

Foamforce

Opinions needed, I've never used the new MKR2 boards.
I want to make a Sea Duck. Should I buy the kit that is made from the old brown boards, or buy a box of MKR2 and cut it out myself from plans? I'm not opposed to the extra work if the end product would be better.

The advantage of the new white foam is that it’s easier to paint because you don’t have to cover a dark color. Other than that, the two foams are pretty similar.

The quick build kit is later cut and very precise, generally a little better than you can do with scratch built, depending on how precise you are.