What else do I need to assemble this motor?

schardti

Hi,

I have a maybe very stupid question, but I'm new on building my own model that doesn't come right out of the box :)

I have the Turnigy L2210A-1650 Brushless Motor and a 8x4.3 prop, but I don't understand how I get the prop on the shaft. There aren't any screws or anything else what helps me.
20131005_132029.jpg

So any suggestions what else I need?

Thanks you and greetings from Germany!
Jan

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
You'll have to drill out the center of the prop.

You'll need to drill it at least as much as the diameter of the shaft of item #2. You run the risk of drilling off center, which would give you vibrations in flight. Drilling it larger would allow you to use one of the adaptors (item #7) to center the prop.

Then fit the adaptor shaft over the motor shaft (#2 over #3) then slide #4 with the widest part away from the motor over the shaft (#2). Then fit the prop with the adaptor (#1 and #7) onto the adaptor shaft, then fit items #5 and #6 on after that. Use a piece of stiff wire through the hole at the end of #7 to tighten. Make sure you can't spin the prop assembly on the motor shaft, or tug it off easily.

You should be all set now.

motor and prop.jpg

Attachments

• motor and prop.jpg
    motor and prop.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 29

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Could not be better - but obviously : Use a piece of stiff wire through the hole at the end of #6 to tighten.

schardti

Thank you so much! :) This is the best instruction I've ever read! I wish I've asked the question 2-3 days earlier instead of searching the whole internet.