What else do I need?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I usually recommend a higher C rating but that will do for what you are using it for as long as your flights aren't all full throttle and be sure to check current draw to make sure you aren't over 34amps. Ideally, with this setup, hopefully you aren't pulling more than say 25-30 amps at full throttle. Keep the prop small with this higher KV motor, I think a 5x5 is recommended on 3S.

KLJ4CCH

I have a multi meter... how would i check the draw? I most of my flights will not be at WOT thank god, I plan on going up to a high alt and glide down motor off hahah.

but everything is ok? I will order tomorrow!!! super excited!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I have a multi meter... how would i check the draw?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...attmeter_Voltage_Analyzer_USA_Warehouse_.html

Unfortunately on backorder at the moment in the US warehouse. Handy tool. lets you check and balance batteries *and* check draw. Put it between the battery and ESC, point the prop in a safe direction and slowly slide up the throttle. good for double checking currents on motor/prop pairs to make sure they won't burn anything out.

You can also mount the motor/prop to a balance beam with a scale on the other side and you can estimate WOT thrust for a given wattage.

KLJ4CCH

Wow thanks yall. That price seems right hahaha!

Thank you all for your time, and very quick responses! I really hope my bird flies! or its back to the drawing board haha.

yall are great!

Last edited:

KLJ4CCH

So my my card issuer will not allow me to purchase the parts....They wont let me use my own money...I am gonna move to like a small island and skip all of the bureaucratic sillyness. I wonder if hobby king will take pine cones? hahaha

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
So my my card issuer will not allow me to purchase the parts....They wont let me use my own money...I am gonna move to like a small island and skip all of the bureaucratic sillyness. I wonder if hobby king will take pine cones? hahaha

My card provider did that to me (No HK purchases they said) 2 years ago and they promptly lost an account!

Thurmond

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor

I've taken to using paypal with HK. Not everyone likes PP but I've had good service so far. I really like my credit union, but they do take some heavy handed anti-fraud measures (once found my card wouldn't work in North Carolina because the card had been flagged as "compromised" and NC was a "high fraud region". Why a compromised card wasn't simply replaced . . . ).

Paypal for known sellers in sketchy areas is a good workaround. You even get the credit fee waived at HK and others.

I do, however, get a call about 30s after each HK order from "fraud prevention" wanting to confirm a suspisious transaction . . .

Mustang7302

You'll need a DC power supply with any of the chargers you get.

I too use PayPal when ordering through HK or even FT and have not had a issue doing so.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
My card provider would not even allow payments "through" PayPal to Hong Kong! Thus the loosing of that provider and finding a new one.

Thurmond

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Thurmond,

Like a hot rock. Good for you.

I understand "protect the customer", but that's "not doing your job!"

KLJ4CCH

I have one rolling around her somewhere. it goes from 9 to 13.3 volts, and has like 6 diffent types of connectors. I picked it up at AES for a radio I got a while back.

KLJ4CCH

I am gonna go to Walgreens and load up 200 bucks on a visa gift card. That way I dont have to worry about my real card being stolen :O

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I am gonna go to Walgreens and load up 200 bucks on a visa gift card. That way I dont have to worry about my real card being stolen :O

Take precautions as you see fit. Haven't had any problems with HK, or the handful of Pacific rim suppliers that seem to run a good business and have good reputations to match. Most of my problems have been with my bank "protecting" me.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Take precautions as you see fit. Haven't had any problems with HK, or the handful of Pacific rim suppliers that seem to run a good business and have good reputations to match. Most of my problems have been with my bank "protecting" me.
They (the bank) just realized you are spending all your money on your hobby and they want to make sure that they get their share before you send it all overseas!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
They (the bank) just realized you are spending all your money on your hobby and they want to make sure that they get their share before you send it all overseas!

Isn't that how all organized crime works? ;)

KLJ4CCH

I see what yall mean by organized crime!!! I still have not gotten my parts. I almost went else where to purchase parts, the remebered, I cant afford four futaba servos hahah. I might as well just build a wing. It would be much much cheaper hahah

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
yeah . . .still waiting on an order from the slow boat. 2 weeks in, I hope I'm on my last week . . .