What else is Dollar Tree Foamboard good for? Cars!

DDSFlyer

After getting into scratch building with dollar tree foamboard thanks to Flite Test, I've had a few sheets laying around and thought of a good idea for them now that halloween was around. My daughter loves Cars and Mater has a character in a short film as a vampire, so I looked up the screen caps, got some dollar tree foam board and printed out some close up pics of Mater's eyes from the internet and voila! My car is now Vampire Mater! Just a random thing that I came up with from the skills I've learned at Flite Test! Fun little project I did in a night. IMG_1729.jpg

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Now you need some while LED strips behind the foam to light up the teeth/eyes at night! How cool would that be parked in your driveway while the T-o-T'ers are pandering for candy?!?!?

DDSFlyer

Crafty Dan, that's an interesting idea...I could use either the white or the red LED strip lights I have lying around to do that. Just don't have experience hooking those up to an automotive application...I have some time before Halloween to pull that off though

Johan

Make the lights remote controlled! save you loads of money on candy :)

Nah, probably not, the kids these days are not easily scared....

But great!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
if the lights are 12v strips, you could power them off a fuse. Just make sure there's some way to shut it off, or you'll be cursing the battery vampire the next morning :(