what happened to the shinden?

N7SWE

in the rocket shinden episode josh and peter said that it was going to release soon and that was 3 years ago. so what happened to it?

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i have the plans somewhere if you want them. i have never built it so no idea if they are complete but your welcome to them.

laters,

me :cool:

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
If you don't mind I would like them as well so I can put them in my "stockpile of plans that I may or may never get to building and is the main reason why I want to make a needle cutter" folder ;)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
And I'm still waiting for the final version to complete the plans. :(

kdobson83

I'm like 99% sure they said in a video about a year ago the plane was finished and was currently being tested by the beta testers. I assume it didn't pass testing? Lol

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
@localfiend redesigned it and has it flying really well. But there were a couple of minor tweaks he wanted to make to the files before I make the full plan set. Unfortunately he's been extremely busy at work and hasn't had an opportunity to work on it yet. I will follow up with him to see where this is at.

@localfiend redesigned it and has it flying really well. But there were a couple of minor tweaks he wanted to make to the files before I make the full plan set. Unfortunately he's been extremely busy at work and hasn't had an opportunity to work on it yet. I will follow up with him to see where this is at.

Any update on the Shinden?

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
The plans would be helpful for me to use to make the fuselage for my mini version of my 3meter shinden for CG testing🙂

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
It won’t be an ft kit at all though, just for us - right?

Correct, won't be kitted. That's not to say that any of the designs that fall into this category will never be kitted. If the design is popular enough, and the community asks for it, Flite Test might kit a design from this series in the future.

This thread gives a little insight into where the Shinden is headed...
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/free-plans-without-build-videos.37486/

This new series is going to be called the FTX (Flite Test eXperimental). The FTX Shinden should be the first in the series.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
With everything that has been happening with COVID-19, the FT eXperimental series has been on hold. I will follow up with Flite Test to see when we can get this back on the schedule.

Shinden2020

Maybe a foam shinden and long ez and defiantly a starship would be a good step at some point since the wigeon look fantastic and will defiantly buy one ..Conventional planes are boring .