What is exactly "poster board"? Swede asking.

daspunner

Thinking of building the FT mini Corsair. As I understood it you need something called "poster board". Can't figure out what that is and what we here in Europe/Sweden has that would work. Any help?

kdobson83

Poster board? Your talking about the stuff for the canopy and not the actual foam board right? It's just a thicker paper. Here's a link to some on amazon -

Royal Brites Poster Board White, 22 x 28 Inches, 50-Sheet Case (24301) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RSZWDK/?tag=lstir-20

There are a lot of others listed on Amazon, you don't have to by this exact one. Over in Sweden I'd assume you have office supply stores or maybe Walmart type stores, they should carry poster board as well.

The actual air frame itself is made of foam board. You can get that from Amazon as well and maybe your local office supply. But be aware, there are many different types of foam board with varying degrees of weight and strength. Here in the states we use Dollar Tree foam board or others like Ross foam board from Walmart.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
It's kind of like a thin, flexible sheet of cardboard...In the U.S., we have them sold in sheets of 22" x 28", and they're about as thick as a manila file folder? I'm sure there's something in Europe that you folks have that you can use for it (in fact, depending on the size of the piece you need, a file folder might work perfectly for you!), but I'm at a loss if there's a different name.

A quick Google search DID turn up this, being sold in Europe; if you could find it at an office supply store, it might help you to see what posterboard looks like:

https://www.epson.eu/products/consumables/paper/enhanced-matte-posterboard-24-x-30-1130gm-c13s041598

I feel like IKEA might've even had some last year (at least, the one here in California) for decorations, during Christmastime...

daspunner

Trying to find the right "corsair-blue" thats foamsafe. I may "tape" it. Holds up better I personally tend to get better end results.