What is HQ prop?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Forgot to properly tighten an 11x7 Master Airscrew three-blade when bench testing it. The prop released at around 1/2 - 2/3 throttle, flew across the room (I was testing it in a lateral position rather than facing up, which is good as it could have taken out a lightbulb or something had it take off upwards) hit the wall then cartwheeled off sideways... It barely even chipped. I Don't think I could find a mark on it now.

A 9" three-blade not made by master airscrew faced the same challenge recently (I tightened it as much as I could, it just couldn't get sufficient grip on the motor shaft) snapped a blade off.

Cant tell you how many times we tell people in the build tents at flite Fest to NEVER put a prop on in the tent until you are sure you are set up and ready to walk out to the flight line. I have been working the tent and had a prop get launched aross the build area at least 5 times even after all the signs, advise, and direction to remove them if you plug a battery in while in the build area.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
hehe Gemfan and APC are two separate brands. APC are the OG prop. Gemfan is like the poor cousin of APC.
Sorry meant Gemfan and APC props are okay and do the Job on my foamboard models. On my IC planes, ARTF/PNP electric models and balsa models I use Master Airscrew props.