What is "Park Equivalent"?

B. Lightyear

...Of Star Command
Hey guys, sorry if this is a repeat question. I did a fair amount of googling but maybe I just didn't get the search terms right.

What is meant by "Park Equivalent"

The FT Simple Storch calls for:
Suppo 2217/7 1200kv Brushless Motor (Park 425 equivalent)

I'd Like to compare alternatives but this "Park" rating seems to be eluding me. What does it mean?! I do most of my shopping at HobbyKing and unfortunately they don't carry the Suppo motors. That would mean a separate order and worse..... EXTRA SHIPPING! :( Much like my friend Josh Bixler... "I'm Cheep"

I see lots of Turnigy motors on HobbyKing (Park300, Park400, Park450) but that doesn't help explain the rating....

Any insight would be appreciated
Thanks!

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
It's just a term used to give the potential buyer a general idea of the size of a motor. For example, a Park450-sized Suppo should be pretty similar to a Park450-sized Turnigy

Last edited:
The "Park" moniker actually originated with E-flite motors. The other companies have borrowed the name to equate to the E-flite motors.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
The 300 400 500 on the old electric motors equaled the length of the can 30 mm 40 mm and 50 mm
400/450 size was the most common economy motor för smaller batteries.
The modern use is not the size but more like what to replace the old with to get brushless lighter more efficient motors.

B. Lightyear

...Of Star Command
Thanks for the responses!

I guess with the "Park" size being a general figure, It would make more sense to compare the more specific specs of motors (kv, amps, watts, weight).

abhi2994

so which motor did you go for?

Thanks for the responses!

I guess with the "Park" size being a general figure, It would make more sense to compare the more specific specs of motors (kv, amps, watts, weight).

I am new to this hobby. I built the Ft simple storch. Which motor did you go for finally? experts, please recommend some.

I have a Turnigy 3530/14 1100 kV motor. I am spinning a 10x5 prop, and running a 40A ESC. I find that it has quite a bit of power with this set up. The Storch is definitely an easy bird to fly, but it will also teach you to use your left thumb and get some rudder in the turns, to counter the adverse yaw.