What is the FT Radial Equivalent?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
That's a pretty big motor, definitely larger then the C pack by a lot, maybe not quite as big as the monster radial, but it will be over kill and probably to big for any of the FT standard size planes. Like the bell diameter is 50mm... huge! It will run a large 1.5 meter wingspan plane on 6s like a homesick angel, fast and powerful.

I run a powerful motor in mine at 3536 1200 kv on my standard size planes and it will carry anything FT offers and then some.

What size of plane are you looking to put it into?

ScottSteward

That's a pretty big motor, definitely larger then the C pack by a lot, maybe not quite as big as the monster radial, but it will be over kill and probably to big for any of the FT standard size planes. Like the bell diameter is 50mm... huge! It will run a large 1.5 meter wingspan plane on 6s like a homesick angel, fast and powerful.

I run a powerful motor in mine at 3536 1200 kv on my standard size planes and it will carry anything FT offers and then some.

What size of plane are you looking to put it into?

Well, yeah. I know about the "M" (aka "Monster Radial").

https://store.flitetest.com/flite-t...MIlde6_pO15wIVDJyzCh0HyQTgEAQYASABEgIPLfD_BwE

It runs on a 6S. The Eflite motor I posted runs on a 5S. So I was thinking the equivalent is something slightly less than a Monster (which you eluded to)

Couple of interests inspired the question.

1. I have a PT-40 Nitro trainer that I MIGHT want to eventually convert to an electric and the Eflite motor I posted is specifically designed for Glow Conversions (coming out of something like an OS-46) and I like the Radial series and would prefer to support FT whenever possible.

2. I'd like to build a 200% FT Simple Cub. 😀

Last edited:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member

https://store.flitetest.com/flite-t...MIlde6_pO15wIVDJyzCh0HyQTgEAQYASABEgIPLfD_BwE

It runs on a 6S. The Eflite motor I posted runs on a 5S. So I was thinking the equivalent is something slightly less than a Monster (which you eluded to)

1. I have a PT-40 Nitro trainer that I MIGHT want to eventually convert to an electric and the Eflite motor I posted is specifically designed for Glow Conversions (coming out of something like an OS-46) and I like the Radial series and would prefer to support FT whenever possible.

Oh ok so I have an Idea of what you are going for now. Wasn't sure of your intentions were for it.

I find that no matter what motor pack FT puts out it is always on the lower end of the rating scale for the size of plane it is meant for, which means the could always use more power. Depending on how you like to fly of course. The monster radial will be good for the 200% Cub, But if you where to do say a 200% Mustang or Sportster, I would go bigger in the motor or jump up some to 6s on the battery side.

But to answer your question. No, the motor you chose on the first post is not an equivalent to the M pack, its bigger as it looks to me. It might be what you are looking for then

ScottSteward

Oh ok so I have an Idea of what you are going for now. Wasn't sure of your intentions were for it.

I find that no matter what motor pack FT puts out it is always on the lower end of the rating scale for the size of plane it is meant for, which means the could always use more power. Depending on how you like to fly of course. The monster radial will be good for the 200% Cub, But if you where to do say a 200% Mustang or Sportster, I would go bigger in the motor or jump up some to 6s on the battery side.

But to answer your question. No, the motor you chose on the first post is not an equivalent to the M pack, its bigger as it looks to me. It might be what you are looking for then

Right. I knew it wasn't equivalent to the M pack. I just want to know if FT does have an equivalent.

In a nutshell: I'm pretty confident that the Monster would be fine for the 200% Simple Cub. Not sure though about the PT-40. I've seen the Eflite motor in an electrified PT-40 before so I was wondering if I could find an FT Radial equivalent.

Last edited:

ScottSteward

Though......to your point. With radials sometimes coming across slightly under the suggested power, maybe the Monster would be good for the PT-40? 🤷‍♂️

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Right. I knew it wasn't equivalent to the M pack. I just want to know if FT does have an equivalent.

In a nutshell: I'm pretty confident that the Monster would be fine for the 200% Simple Cub. Not sure though about the PT-40. I've seen the Eflite motor in an electrified PT-40 before so I was wondering if I could find an FT Radial equivalent.
I know @Mid7night used the monster radial on his 200% Commuter so I can't see why it wouldn't work for the Cub, but for a warbird I would want something bigger like the Eflite you have posted. I have even heard of the C pack working on a 200% Cub if you don't care about maneuvers or climb rate

ScottSteward

Are you thinking of scaling up the P-40?

PT-40. Not P-40.

Two different birds all together. The PT-40 by great planes is what i am talking about in the following photo. It's just a high wing nitro balsa trainer.

Attachments

• 67679506_10219531655512937_400828677597691904_o.jpg
    67679506_10219531655512937_400828677597691904_o.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 0

ScottSteward

Interestingly, someone put the Turnigy equivalent to the Eflite motor in a PT-40 on this video (a motor called the G-46) and the first comment from the pilot when it left the ground was "feels like it could use a little more power".

So.......maybe I SHOULD just use the Monster, rather than looking for a 46 equivalent. 🤷‍♂️

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Interestingly, someone put the Turnigy equivalent to the Eflite motor in a PT-40 on this video (a motor called the G-46) and the first comment from the pilot when it left the ground was "feels like it could use a little more power".

So.......maybe I SHOULD just use the Monster, rather than looking for a 46 equivalent. 🤷‍♂️
That will also depend on the prop and battery used, not necessarily the motor

3536 1800kv from AliExpress. I'll add liink later. Only 13.00 and 2500g thrust...prob using a 8x6 prop