what is the slowest plane on FT

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
I'm still giggling. That was a fun video! The music just makes it. Those big wheels give Wally SlowFly a look in the air like no other. I'm thinking you may have been just a TAD underpowered, though. :)

Flite test C pack Radial with a 4S 3300. Not sure I ever went above 1/2 throttle.

@Rasterize - so very very very cool - that is sooooo slow you could do aerial photography with it! :D

It went even slower on the next two flight. Almost made it do backward. One of the guys at the field said I should do FPV with it. AOnther guy piped up and said "And do what? Take stills?" lol

Rasterize

Mentor
I've seen a few people go with the cow theme so being me I had to do it differently, I went with Air Mater

sundown57 I just have to say Air Mater is brilliant! I may have to do one of my own. Again, Bravo!

1573086977006.png

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I think on my next build I'm going to move the power pod all the way forward. I'm having a problem with mine being real tail heavy.
You could try removing internal paper from the tail?
Or like on my Slowbipe, I removed the paper from one side of the tail feathers and replaced it with packing tape, been flying for about 6-7 months now no problem.

But moving the PP will always be easier, I just like the look of planes better when the motor is recessed in the fuse.

Rasterize

Mentor
Speaking of heavy. I built mine with the plans still glued to the foamboard! Thinking on doing an ultra light version. Getting rid of as much paper as I could and ditching the wheels altogether.

sundown57

Legendary member
You could try removing internal paper from the tail?
Or like on my Slowbipe, I removed the paper from one side of the tail feathers and replaced it with packing tape, been flying for about 6-7 months now no problem.

But moving the PP will always be easier, I just like the look of planes better when the motor is recessed in the fuse.
my prop only clears the fuse by like 1/8 inch. and to get that I had to leave the collet out a bit on the motor shaft. and CG is like in the center of the wing so its way, way off

Rasterize

Mentor
More Wally flights today. My only regret i that I did not build this sooner!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
15 to 20 mph wind and its 25 degrees, So I figured it was a perfect time to go fly Air Mater. Just FYI when doing a loop, Start out Higher than I did. lol.

Ouch! At first I didn't think you were going to get past the basketball net. Then you flew around and had a great time. Then you lawn darted. Hard. What a great video! :love:

I love how the plane just floats on the wind. As windy as it was, it handled it pretty darn well. Until you decided to see how big of a hole you could make with your nose. :LOL: I can't wait to get mine sorted out. How bad was the damage?

sundown57

Legendary member
let's just say the ESC is a lot easier to get at now. That's ok I plan to build another one anyway. this time I'm gonna more the power pod forward so I can get the battery back more. I had to kinda hang it out the front to get CG right.

Attachments

• IMG_4327.JPG
    IMG_4327.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
let's just say the ESC is a lot easier to get at now. That's ok I plan to build another one anyway. this time I'm gonna more the power pod forward so I can get the battery back more. I had to kinda hang it out the front to get CG right.
I can't tell if Mater is smiling, or if he's got an unexpected cargo hatch! Either way, that's surprisingly light damage for how hard it seemed to hit. I know you, though. Not surprising that you're just going to build another one. :)

Rasterize

Mentor
15 to 20 mph wind and its 25 degrees, So I figured it was a perfect time to go fly Air Mater. Just FYI when doing a loop, Start out Higher than I did. lol.

Sweet flight sundown! Love Air Mater. :) Sorry about the hit but it you're right about it sounding worse that it was. I was thinking on moving my powerpod forward as well on my next build. Should be easy enough to do just by moving the four tab slots on the fuse forward. I should have made various positions on the plans.