what is the slowest plane on FT

sundown57

Legendary member
Perhaps I should open a thread on setting up a plane to a modern Tx and a few of the extra tricks available to make the plane fly properly, (even if the plane is a disaster).

please change ( perhaps) to something like ( I defiantly need to). And thank you for this. All this time I been doing it wrong and didn't know it.

Javiester

Elite member
[QUOTE = "sundown57, post: 477877, miembro: 42280"] ahora tasa de 30%, -80% expo no me suena bien. ¿Tienes un flysky I6? [/ CITA]
yes

sundown57

Legendary member
[QUOTE = "sundown57, post: 477877, miembro: 42280"] ahora tasa de 30%, -80% expo no me suena bien. ¿Tienes un flysky I6? [/ CITA]
yes
that's the same as mine then, I'm pretty sure you don't want -80 you need +80. maybe in the new thread, Hai-Lee and others will address how different tx work different ways, I need my expo at like 70-80 to slow it down close to center stick and buzzbomb needs his at 20-30 to get the same effect.

Javiester

Elite member
partner, disagree
that I can see it with the bird on the table or with your system
If I put the positive expo at the beginning it moves a lot of distance and at the end of the course of the stick it moves little
in negative if I move the stick a bit does not move the servo anything

sundown57

Legendary member
is your's set up like this ?

Attachments

• IMG_3782.JPG
    IMG_3782.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 0

Javiester

Elite member
yes, the exponential curve is the same but I have to go to the negative zone to have it
my radio is FS-i6, not X

mayan

Legendary member
You could try something like the Minibipe if you want to do something other than FT.
I think this will work really well for you.

I also second @Grifflyer on the TT, I'd use a 6x4 prop, with a MT1806 2280kv motor, 12A ESC and a 2S 850mah battery.

I modified the landing gear just a bit
LOVE IT!

I finally got a chance to take it out. It was super windy but still had a blast. And your right it flies just the way I wanted it to. Only problem I had is it really didn't want to turn right at all, only left. maybe that's why they offset the wing. I plan to build another one but this time offset the wing just a tad.

Any damage on the crash?

check out the fish - this thing flies real slow - it was my first build before I found flitetest.

That is a real flying fish, I like it.

Something I need to explain. I have been doing this hobby now for about 6 months and built quite a few planes during that time . most all looked great but I never really got the chance to fly any of them, Mostly due to lack of experience. Also not having any really big area to fly in didn't help. Well, anyway I was just about to give this whole thing up because I had really lost interest in building planes I knew I couldn't fly and this thread was a last-ditch effort. Well long story short, today was a perfect day for flying. No wind, nice and warm and heavy black clouds to block looking straight into the sun. So I took out the last 2 planes I had to do a maiden flight on both one day. End result is I came home with 2 planes still in tack and 2 dead batteries. It was AMAZING. not only did I regain the drive to keep chugging along. I have a renewed interest in both building and flying. So wanted to say THANK you to all that chimed in and all the help and support I have found here. If ever anyone else reads this and is thinking of giving up, DONT. I'm proof that with the support people on here it can be done. Ok, enough tear-jerking. here are just 2 of today's flights, now I'm on to build another plane. thanks all.
The first video is the fish, Second is the second Biplane I built.

You serious that you wanted to quit?! I am shocked! Remeber we are here to help at all times.
I think your control over the Bi-plane was better. Good job on both though.

Sorry it took me time to read through but here I did it. Great thread @sundown57 I happy to see that you stuck around :).

sundown57

Legendary member
Any damage on the crash? Nope it came home all in one piece. When I started this thread m yeah I was pretty much done with flying. So far I have built every fixed-wing plane on ft that uses a single engine TWICE and had never flown one successfully. But then with the help from guys on here, I figured out most all my problem was in the tx setting. right after I changed it I started to stay in the air a lot longer. Now im back to where i should be , looking forward to my next build.

mayan

Legendary member
Any damage on the crash? Nope it came home all in one piece. When I started this thread m yeah I was pretty much done with flying. So far I have built every fixed-wing plane on ft that uses a single engine TWICE and had never flown one successfully. But then with the help from guys on here, I figured out most all my problem was in the tx setting. right after I changed it I started to stay in the air a lot longer. Now im back to where i should be , looking forward to my next build.
So happy to hear :).

Javiester

Elite member
thanks Hai-Lee
my speedester biplane is another, I have managed to give some circles at the same height without lurches up and down but unfortunately it has ended as always, it is windy and I have broken the propeller although the plane is full and straight
I am very happy because it is a great advance for me