what is the slowest plane on FT

Javiester

Elite member
definitely the fish is my plane to advance my learning solitary
I can almost walk behind him, it's fantastic
it takes time to correct anything
as soon as I have confidence I will continue with the biplane speedester and the TT

Javiester

Elite member
I have scaled the plans of the fish to 90% so that it fits in the European foamboard of 70x50cm in two sheets

Attachments

• The Fish V2 90% A1.pdf
    741.5 KB · Views: 0
  • The Fish V2-2 90% A1.pdf
    7.1 KB · Views: 0

sundown57

Legendary member
i was looking again at the biplane you built. did you build the old speedster or the mini speedster? It looks a lot smaller than mine. if it is a mini they yeah that is a hard plane to fly, the old speedster is about the same size as the fish.

Javiester

Elite member
It's the mini, I do not have much room
but when I advance in my piloting I will change it for the big format since it is very beautiful, I really like your lines
with the double wing I achieved a couple of almost good flights, but the powerpod of the last blow moves and suddenly it flies vertically, I will reconstruct the powerpod to see if it is that
however, I will continue training with fish

I have retired the FT Flyer, I had a lot of punches and it was a little twisted, I saved the powerpod

sundown57

Legendary member
ok, that explains it. I know the biplane few even slower the fish and it was easier to control. but I built the full-size Old speedster, not the mini.

Javiester

Elite member
Would it be feasible to build the full-size Old biplane speedster?
if you answer like the mini would be a good slow fly trainer

sundown57

Legendary member
watch this video. This is the Old Speedster ( not the mini) with a top wing added. I made the top wing 2 inches bigger all the way around and then just centered it one inch in front and one in behind the bottom wing. It is pretty much the same size as the fish, but I found it even easier to fly, Much more stable. this is the one I have flown the most out of any I've built.

mayan

Legendary member
watch this video. This is the Old Speedster ( not the mini) with a top wing added. I made the top wing 2 inches bigger all the way around and then just centered it one inch in front and one in behind the bottom wing. It is pretty much the same size as the fish, but I found it even easier to fly, Much more stable. this is the one I have flown the most out of any I've built.

And flew it great too :)

sundown57

Legendary member
funny you should say that, on the ride home that day my wife said that I was higher then the plane was. yeah, i was siked. I finally got one to stay in the air and do what I wanted it to, lol

sundown57

Legendary member
Oh Yeah, Like i said at the start of this thread, I was about done with it because every plane I built crashed instantly. But the day I flew that one, that was it I was hook and I've just gotten better since. Now that I have a couple of hours of flying that plane as a 3 channel my plan is to build another but this time put ailerons on it. My thinking is, I know it will fly fine without them so I can use the rudder to keep it in the air and out of the trees and practice with the ailerons when I can.

Javiester

Elite member

the problem I have with that plane is that it can not be dismantled and it takes up a lot of space
I will build it and take it to the village, there I have a garage to store it
How did you do the upper wing supports?

sundown57

Legendary member
I just used the wing to trace the pattern then used foam board and put skewers to support them, then I used mason sting to support it. that string makes it a lot stronger. s for hight I just guessed at it.

Javiester

Elite member
I am excited, I have emptied two 2200m batteries with the fish, I have landed three or four times one with several bounces and a single blow when trying to record a video
I think I have it badly leveled since I had to pull a lot of the elevator to be straight
move the battery to see if it corrects
towards 10km of wind and I am full of happiness
tomorrow in the interval of the food at work it seems that the wind is going down so I will fly again

Javiester

Elite member
I have made 2 packages of batteries with 18650 cells of 2200mah and I will make at least three more, I have taken them out of old batteries of hilti drills tested with the B6 mini
the fish is so big that it supports the weight without problems

sundown57

Legendary member
glad to hear you finally got some flight time. now you can start practicing and soon you will be on to 4 channel. BTW. we want videos.

mayan

Legendary member
I have made 2 packages of batteries with 18650 cells of 2200mah and I will make at least three more, I have taken them out of old batteries of hilti drills tested with the B6 mini
the fish is so big that it supports the weight without problems
Great job! Keep it up and you’ll be doing shenanigans in no time.

Javiester

Elite member
glad to hear you finally got some flight time. now you can start practicing and soon you will be on to 4 channel. BTW. we want videos.

The camera is a very cheap SQ11, I do not know why that brightness appears in the center of the image, I did not think to publish it but there it goes
the landing at the end of the video
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YEn9sCs0vHCiDIuXht47dOvo3BI5tw_1
I'm going to find another camera where I do not have to invest a lot of money