what is the slowest plane on FT

sundown57

Legendary member
I hot glued an iPhone holder to my hat and use that. cheap, easy and takes a pretty good video. BTW nice landing.

PlaY80

good idea, I'm going to try
with The Fish everything is so easy
:)) Wen I read your post i'm just thinking @ me 1 year ago. I like ppl that think out of the box and try to do things diffrent.
those 18650 cells will be ok on a 1.5 m wingspan and 700g all up weight (250g will be your 18650 3s pack) .
@[U]sundown57[/U] try a simple scout not the mini or the mini with 120%wing . You will be very happy with it.
I'm a noob flyer so don't take what I told you as a "rulle" :) , experienced ppl told me to buy things that fly and learn with those first … well I did not ! I build I fly I crash and it's nice wen you discover things the hard way.

Javiester

Elite member
as said sundown57 after a day so you recover the euphoria and most importantly the trust, my problem is that I can not build anything bigger than the fish and only one
the wing I have to leave in the trunk of the car

bracesport

Legendary member
Hi guys - I am enjoying this thread (given I started with the fish too) - I really like the @sundown57 biplane for slowness - I think the benefits of the wing on the fish can be translated to just about any plane design - I imagine the designer was originally looking to allow it to land on its belly to prevent damage - @Javiester that scaled down fish plan was also a good idea to economise on the FB - I use a cyclops v3 camera ($20) for onboard footage as uses a mini SD card on the unit - @sundown57 - this weekend I taped it to my hat (including battery) for some ground shots (my wife said I looked ridiculous) but it worked well!

Javiester

Elite member
I have repaired the sq11 camera, it does not make the brightness of the video you post
I'll post another
I HAVE A PROBLEM!!! and not fix it
the fish tends to fall and I have to correct with the elevator continuously, I have tried to move the battery towards the tail but it remains the same, I have two CG marks at 30 and 35%, I have gone further than that and keep doing the same
I do not know if I do another powerpod with a few degrees of inclination down to test
please help me
Thank you

IMG_20190610_222735.jpg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Has the angle of the elevator or wing changed? Does it do the same thing with no throttle? Does it happen as soon as you throw it, or when it's flying?

Javiester

Elite member
I have not changed anything, just like the pdf
if it's true that when I launch it it stops flying correctly, it's when it picks up speed when I notice that it is throwing to the ground

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Is it slowly going to the ground, or is it diving really fast to the ground?

Since your wing is held on with rubber bands you might have put it on in a different spot causing it to fly differently.

Javiester

Elite member
it does not come down suddenly, it's progressive
If I center the controls and leave the accelerator fixed at half power or more, the plane starts to lower

the wing is difficult to put it wrong due to the shape of this and the fuselage

img-1719-jpg_1401423645.jpg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Have you tried using any up trim?

If that doesn't work it sounds a bit like your motor might be facing down, you could try putting a washer between the motor and the motor mount to angle it up 1 or 2 degrees

sundown57

Legendary member
the next day without wind I will throw it down a hillside without engine power to see if glide
I will record a video
when I built my first fish, I used thin pushrods. because the servo is so far away from the rudder and elevator I had a problem with the rudder flutter when in flight. The push rod didn't have enough support and its close to 2 feet long so no way to support it all the way. you might try just moving the elevator up and down by hand and see if the pushrod is flexing. if so when you fly it the force on the control surface may be bending the pushrod

Javiester

Elite member
when I built my first fish, I used thin pushrods. because the servo is so far away from the rudder and elevator I had a problem with the rudder flutter when in flight. The push rod didn't have enough support and its close to 2 feet long so no way to support it all the way. you might try just moving the elevator up and down by hand and see if the pushrod is flexing. if so when you fly it the force on the control surface may be bending the pushrod

no, use 1mm steel rod stuck inside a carbon tube without any nudge
it is possible that the problem is because I have the motor very low, it is centered in the perpendicular line of the nose
in this way

232720_826928426920be3677b00475808adb56.jpg