what is the slowest plane on FT

sundown57

Legendary member
Finally got a chance to finish the new biplane. This time with ailerons. Hope it flies as good as the last one did. lol

Attachments

• IMG_3831.JPG
    IMG_3831.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3833.JPG
    IMG_3833.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 0

Javiester

Elite member
@Javiester Where the motor is located shouldn't cause a problem, What I would do is move the battery back or build a new power pod with the motor pointing 1-2 degrees UP

today after working I went to try to fly, but in gusts of wind and I was afraid, before yesterday I tried and split the fuselage, on Saturday morning forecast between 4 and 6 km / h
I will take some washers to tilt the motor "UP";)
I will test both things separately and together to see where the problem comes from
Thank you

Last edited:

Javiester

Elite member
I built 2 od these ( fish) and they both flew fine and i had the motor squared on both. I wonder if prop size or motor size makes a difference, I used 10x4.5 with a 2212 , 1000kv motor

the designer "Raptortech" uses 9 " like me and does not say anything about the inclination of the motor

sundown57

Legendary member
I saw this plane online and it looked cool to me so after a ton of searching I found plans for something close to it online. However, they were designed for depron and were also in German. so made it a bit tuff and were a lot of parts I cut out that I couldn't figure out where they went. But modified it enough that I got t to fly. We had 20 mile an hour wind today but its suppose to rain all week so I had to try it. It did great even in the wind, can't wait to try it out again a calm day.

Attachments

• IMG_3848.JPG
    IMG_3848.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3851.JPG
    IMG_3851.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 0

Javiester

Elite member
I saw this plane online and it looked cool to me so after a ton of searching I found plans for something close to it online. However, they were designed for depron and were also in German. so made it a bit tuff and were a lot of parts I cut out that I couldn't figure out where they went. But modified it enough that I got t to fly. We had 20 mile an hour wind today but its suppose to rain all week so I had to try it. It did great even in the wind, can't wait to try it out again a calm day.

I already knew him, he's very ugly
the problem with my fish was the CG
I went almost 50%, I was at 35% from the leading edge
I have also discovered that with a small battery it was much more sensitive to the wind
tomorrow I will leave another time and if it is not windy I will also fly the speedester

mayan

Legendary member

Looks good @sundown57!

Javiester

Elite member
today I have resumed the TT after about 10 days of departure only with the fish and my pleasant surprise is that I have not crashed, I handle it well
I'm surprised, the fish has helped me a lot before I could not keep the TT more than a few sad minutes in the air and almost always it crashed
that's much faster than fish even with a 2S
tomorrow I will go out again and try it with the 3S
my recommendation to anyone who starts in the hobby is that first fly with the fish and then follow little by little
I've been hitting the TT for months, thank you very much to the designer, he has given me everything
and of course to bracesport that brought me to the knowledge of fish

Last edited:

Javiester

Elite member
On Sunday I had a problem with the police and I was about to leave it
I do not know if I would be fined for flying in an open field more than 10 km from an airport but in the exclusion zone, they only took my data
although now I have to make a trip of half an hour one way and another back
today has given me animosity

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
im working on plans for this plane at the moment. Hope to post them soon. this is an amazing flying plane.

That really is a good flying plane. It looks great in the air with the streamers, too. It floated so well, you could have mistaken it for a kite a few times!