What is TX-r Anylink Tactic SLT

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Found the thing in Fly RC.
Is it another not compatible 2,4 system with a "module" that you connect to your transmitter?
It seems not to be a product for sale - no prices.
They really need to have something low cost to compete with the market of FrSky and other modules today.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
It appears to be a module that you can plug into any transmitter and make it compatible with Tactic's 2.4 system. I'm not really sure why, but I'm pretty sure that's what it does. There's a chart on this page to see if your radio is compatible, apparently I'd have to buy another cable for my DX8.

http://www.tacticrc.com/tacj2000.html

Is there something super special about Tactic 2.4 that would make me want to convert from DSMX?

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Is there something super special about Tactic 2.4 that would make me want to convert from DSMX?
Seems to be same models as are available as Spektrum BNF. Cant see any reason. There is one "surface 3 ch rx and one 6 ch air rx only. Perhaps something if you use an old FM tx and want something 2,4 for indoor flying.... Easy to fit to the trainer port. It will be interesting to see the pricing. I need an US or Canadian zip to get a retail address but don't think i will find the price on their pages.

dieter88

Hobbico Employee
Seems to be same models as are available as Spektrum BNF. Cant see any reason. There is one "surface 3 ch rx and one 6 ch air rx only. Perhaps something if you use an old FM tx and want something 2,4 for indoor flying.... Easy to fit to the trainer port. It will be interesting to see the pricing. I need an US or Canadian zip to get a retail address but don't think i will find the price on their pages.

Let me help clarify some of this for everyone.

Tx-R airplanes have a receiver in them that uses the Tactic 2.4GHz protocol, SLT.

To communicate with these receivers Tactic has created AnyLink which will work with your transmitter so that you can fly ANY Tx-R airplane. AnyLink is designed to work with a HUGE number of transmitters from different manufacturers and even on old crystal systems.

For a limited time, when you purchase ANY Tx-R model you will get AnyLink for FREE. No strings attached. We want you to try it - you will not be disappointed. http://tx-ready.com/promos/free-anylink.html

Last edited:

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor

Tx-R airplanes have a receiver in them that uses the Tactic 2.4GHz protocol, SLT.

To communicate with these receivers Tactic has created AnyLink which will work with your transmitter so that you can fly ANY Tx-R airplane. AnyLink is designed to work with a HUGE number of transmitters from different manufacturers and even on old crystal systems.

For a limited time, when you purchase ANY Tx-R model you will get AnyLink for FREE. No strings attached. We want you to try it - you will not be disappointed. http://tx-ready.com/promos/free-anylink.html

So this is similar to the BNF planes from Horizon brands? I haven't seen the Tx-R models.

dieter88

Hobbico Employee
So this is similar to the BNF planes from Horizon brands? I haven't seen the Tx-R models.

That is one way to see it... but there are some benefits to the Tx-R deal, the main one being that when combined with the use of AnyLink you can use practically any transmitter to fly them.

flydawg

dieter88 is correct. For example, say you have a DX6i and a fleet of Horizon Hobby proprietary planes, and for some reason you want to get a Great Planes/Flyzone proprietary plane running the Tactic system. Instead of getting an RTF with an entry level quality transmitter, you would use the AnyLink on your DX6i and be good-to-go. Same goes if you are all set up with Futaba stuff. Granted the current offering of Tx-R isn't stellar, but hopefully they will expand. The Tx-R just gives you an option to not have to run different transmitters with different planes. Not to mention the 6-channel Tactic receiver is only around $29 - compare that to a Futaba or Spectrum.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Cool. I love the bnf options, nice to see someone else getting on board with that type of offering.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
http://tx-ready.com/promos/free-anylink.html
But do they exist?
Is there anyone who have seen a pricing?
Is there anyone who have seen the anylink other than on their video when flying a DR1 with Futaba, Spektrum and Tactic.
I cant see more than a black square when trying to see the promotional videos of the planes.

Those Flyzone planes used to come as DSM2/BNF but no longer according to their home page.
Are Flyzone blocked from DSM and has to come up with something different to be able to continue to sell their planes.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hey all,
Reviving an old thread.
I have a number of tactic 6 channel tx and rx, and use them for buddy boxing, I also have a JR XP 8103 and am debating getting the Anylink module. My question is, is it possible to still use the wireless trainer function between radios with an Anylink equipped radio, and a standard TTX 604?:confused: As I said I mainly use these for training and being trained so the wireless trainer is hugely important.
Thanks,
Foam Addict