What is your favoite tool in your tool box?

Phin G

Elite member
Portable glue gun. Comes in the car with me every time we fly. And also prop changer, props and butane soldering iron.

Piotrsko

Master member
I am not diabetic but I like your coments and the bathroom, damn drugs!
What i really like about the drug manufacturers is the way they bury the important side-effects. In my newest drug, there's this thing called necropsy where important dangling bits of me could atrophy AND fall off. Hmmm do i really need this?

Don't try this at home, kids

Piotrsko

Master member
Portable glue gun. Comes in the car with me every time we fly. And also prop changer, props and butane soldering iron.
Bought a ryobi battery glue gun as a result of this forum, run extra strong long dwell time glue $$$ticks, and carry a leatherman with a 3" Crescent branded adjusting wrench. If that won't fix it, I can walk the block home to where the real tools.live.

MachineCat

For soldering small stuff with my getting old eyes, here is my setup. Just use my phone camera as a magnifyer. The good thing is that I can see both original one and the magnified screen at the same time.
20210817_023447633_iOS.jpg

checkerboardflyer

I have a large 9" Craftsman drill press out in the garage. Little too big for the basement and it's chilly out there in the Winter. I came across this mini drill press on Amazon. Takes up to 1/4" drill bit. Works great. More resources for foam board R/C modelers on my blog at: https://foamboardflyers.com/

mini drill press - 1.jpeg

checkerboardflyer

The more that I use hot wire to do various tasks, the more I like the process. Shown below I am using a hand held hot wire bow to cut some foam ribs. I made lite ply rib templates, then a stack of rib blanks between them. Just keep the wire moving smoothly. It takes a bit more time to make the templates, but it takes more time to cut ribs one at a time. Plus, if I ever need more ribs it's easy to make them. More tips and resources for foam board RC modelers on my blog at: https://foamboardflyers.com

hotwire bow - 1.jpeg

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I was tired of coiling up excess servo extension wire and having the connectors come lose so I bought Amazon's suggested crimper and servo wire connector set. I went through a dozen crimps that didn't hold and finally gave up and soldered them first - what a pain. Finally decided to give it one more try and bought this Iwiss crimper. It made a good crimp first time, every time. It's a poor workman who blames his tools because he doesn't keep bad tools in his tool box!

IMG_3488.JPG