What is your REAL job?

Piotrsko

Master member
I'm a Dentist. Yep, everyone hates me and I'm okay with it since I'm used to feeling [filling] down in the mouth.
They say dentists and hygienic assistants make the best natural RC flyers because the have learned to not move automatically but by response. Bet you didn't have a problem with flying at yourself.

TooJung2Die

Master member
I'm a Dentist. Yep, everyone hates me and I'm okay with it since I'm used to feeling [filling] down in the mouth.
Very punny 😜 I've had good experiences and very bad experiences going to the dentist. Like every other profession, there are good and bad practitioners. Can't say I enjoy going to the dentist but I am very grateful for them and what they do.

skymaster

Elite member
Aircraft mechanic, Amazon prime 767s
I had a friend that was in the navy, and he kept saying that he wished he had something else to put on his resume. he told us that every time he had a job interview. he would tell them he was in the navy. next question was the one that got him turn down. what did you do on the navy? his answer, I used to load bombs on to the planes. first time he told us we all turn to look at him, and started really cracking up like almost crying laughing. because if you ever saw the catoon duck tales. you know the tiger that fixes baloos plane exact duplica he looked like a mad scientist. i would also take second thoughts about hiring him. i can still see his face hahahhahaha!

Bigeard

My first computer was a Sinclair. 1kb was all you had for programming. Used the Commodore pet to learn to program in Assembly language to get the speaker to say the letter I. I even had a Apple cassette tape(yes) used for the earlier Apple before the floppy disk came out.
My first computer was an Abacus !!! oh and counting the fingers on each hand then taking my shoes and socks off if I needed to go any higher

Bigeard

Seriously , Retired but do have a degree from the " university of Life " been a soldier , Firefighter , Chiropodist , Hospital theatre technician , Teaching Assistant , ran my own import / export agency , Combat Survival instructor , Security , Taxi driver , window cleaner (when needed extras) , Lived off my wits as a kid , AND OTHER STUFF BEST LEFT UNSAID , had a full and varied life but some bad luck with health has calmed me down to the point where I will try flying FB planes .

the rc project

It's been a ride but I'm in trade school right now for welding. I'm at least proficient in all of the five main processes, GTAW, GMAW, SMAW, Oxy-Fuel, and Flux Core, with GTAW (Stick) probably being my strongest.

I graduated welding school in 2020! Man I love it! I’m doing industrial repair and running jobs at 21! Not much welding but majority of the stuff we see is tig for stainless and flux core on just about everything else! First pic is welding school the next is me beside a 360000kg test weight for a steel plant!(almost 800000 lbs!)

Attachments

• 58A02813-9D95-45A4-B50A-4465FA96A92B.jpg
    58A02813-9D95-45A4-B50A-4465FA96A92B.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 0
  • C9ED541C-65D0-479A-BEAB-36F8765D4FAE.jpeg
    C9ED541C-65D0-479A-BEAB-36F8765D4FAE.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 0

Bigeard

I graduated welding school in 2020! Man I love it! I’m doing industrial repair and running jobs at 21! Not much welding but majority of the stuff we see is tig for stainless and flux core on just about everything else! First pic is welding school the next is me beside a 360000kg test weight for a steel plant!(almost 800000 lbs!)
Well done good old hands on skills

Incader

It's been a ride but I'm in trade school right now for welding. I'm at least proficient in all of the five main processes, GTAW, GMAW, SMAW, Oxy-Fuel, and Flux Core, with GTAW (Stick) probably being my strongest.
Cool! I just turned 13 and my neighbor ( recently retired mechanic) is teaching me A LOT! He’s soon going to teach me to MIG weld and then TIG weld.

As for what I do for a living, I going to ask my neighbor (electrician) if I can get a part-time job/apprenticeship for the summer so I can pay for my RC projects and the hot rod I’m building.

Ye people who are more well-stricken in years; any advice would be wonderful! Wether it be your 50 cents or a full discourse about the drive shaft system would be great! I love to learn for the more experienced guys. A private message would be the best way to contact me…the thing that says “start conversation” when you tap on my profile.

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
Cool! I just turned 13 and my neighbor ( recently retired mechanic) is teaching me A LOT! He’s soon going to teach me to MIG weld and then TIG weld.

As for what I do for a living, I going to ask my neighbor (electrician) if I can get a part-time job/apprenticeship for the summer so I can pay for my RC projects and the hot rod I’m building.

Ye people who are more well-stricken in years; any advice would be wonderful! Wether it be your 50 cents or a full discourse about the drive shaft system would be great! I love to learn for the more experienced guys. A private message would be the best way to contact me…the thing that says “start conversation” when you tap on my profile.
Aye my dad has a MIG welder and I aim to learn that soon