What is your REAL job?

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
Low level IT worker for a large Hospital in South Florida.

Wish I could make money building and flying....

Wow that's a tough sector to be in right now... ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

StephanieRose12

I'm Stephanie and my mother thinks I play the piano at the local cat house :black_eyed:

Actually I own and operate a small trucking company based in Central Kentucky. Some days I feel like I manage a daycare facility with the drivers... If you want to go broke quickly... Buy a Tractor/Trailer... Want to go broke faster buy multiple!

I prefer older equipment, especially with recent and upcoming changes to the laws. More reliable, allows us to focus on customer service.

Putting the head back on after a inframe rebuild on my 84
56113.jpeg

320dude

I'm currently a student at Michigan Tech studying mechanical engineering. After school I hope to work for a company in the aviation industry.

Gatormurica

I work at my families farm am and a deli worker. I can make some good sandwiches. I work at the Jamestown cafe.. If you visit Jamestown pay me a visit and we can talk about drones and RC. Altho I just passed my 107 so idk whats next.

Forster

Slow, low and dirty.
I did the military thing (Air Force and Air National Guard) for 33 years full and part time (Aerial Photo Intel, Inflight Refueling and a couple years in the command group), then VA Benefits for 16 months. Currently work as an Assistant Inspector General, probably all I need to say about that.

docque

Wrote a programming language where the documentation is in my head. Wrote a piece of software based on that programming language, sold it to the Government and now I have job security.

Bricks

Master member
I am self employed I repair and paint the plastic bumpers on vehicles. I basically have a paint shop and body shop on wheels. I am totally mobile and go to dealerships and peoples homes, if there are breaks plastic weld them back together, if they are pushed in I heat up the plastic and push it back to shape then fill prime and paint. I mix all my paint colors right in my van cost to the customer is usually about 1/3 to 1/2 of a body shop 2-3 hours I am usually done so there vehicle is not laid up for days at a shop.

On the side I train Reigning horses and buy and sell a few and show reigning and working cow horse classes.

Ray K

Ray K
Age, 77. Retired professional pilot. Hold BSEE from Purdue, MSEE from USC. 27 year Air Force fighter pilot. 10 year charter pilot. TDY to NASA for design of original Mission Control Center display units. Other than currency requirements, stopped logging hours after 20,000. Now I've found R/C and have the time to enjoy it.

Andrea

Hi, I'm Andrea,I live in Italy, I'm 27 years old, i've got a bachelor degree in aerospace engineering, currently working as a mechanical designer and in the meantime i'm trying to get a master degree in biomechanical engineering.
I also know how to make pasta and waffle

Beavis

I spent several years operating reactors on nuclear submarines. I spent the last 20 years as a semiconductor technician. In a few years I hope to either teach high school, or work the counter at an auto parts store. I'm tired of the rat race in the tech sector, and I hope to get my soul back soon from my techno-overlords.

Beech/run24

I am a fulltime interiors technician at AAR Aircraft Services in Duluth MN.
We work on Airbus A320/319 airliners, four of which can fit in our enormous hangar!

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Now that im properly hired I work as a glass blower in making glass thermometers for industry, labs, food stuff and the such. Im currently learning because it is quite complicated but I get to play with fun stuff like mercury and dry ice!

Chuppster

I'm a Computer Engineer who works at a small family-owned business. I write firmware for control systems that run HVAC systems in large buildings such as hospitals, schools, and the World Trade Center.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I realized while I've read the posts here for a long time, I haven't chimed in on this thread yet...

So I've worked in a few careers - some for just a year or two, some for a decade or more;
- Wild Game Butcher (deer, elk, antelope, etc)
- Ranch Hand (fence repair, irrigation maintenance, baling, rough carpentry, basic cattle rustling, etc)
- Janitor / Facilities & Grounds Maintenance
- AutoCAD Draftsman for residential and light commercial work (Blockbuster Video and Outback Steakhouse contracts)
- Motorcycle Maintenance Tech / Shop Monkey
- Software Programmer (AutoLISP extensions for AutoCAD, eCommerce websites, database administrator, web based financial trading systems, etc.)
- Software Project Manager (multiple companies)
- Technology Investment Decision Analysis & Program Management for the g'ubmint

Someday I'll figure out what I want to do when I grow up. But for now I'm having fun, learning, and keeping the mortgage paid :)

applecrew135

Been lurking on this forum for a while, watching balsa build threads... truly amazing stuff, and I hope to be a contributor in the future.

Current profession: Software analyst / developer for a large firm writing financial software.
I hold a degree in Geology, and have worn many hats in life: laborer, factory worker, food service, grocery clerk, auto repair and self-taught in many others... there's not a heck of a whole lot I can't do...

except build and fly planes.... yet... which is why I'm here! (y)