What is your REAL job?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
but in the mean time I work in the local food market

Best job you can have . . . not because the job's great, but later when you're feeling down in the code mine you can remember your alternitives . . .

randall_l

I'm an I.T. guy for a small school district in BC, Canada.

Most of the time I play with servers, but occasionally I get to answer a question that makes the Eureka! light come on for a student.

Cheers!
Randall

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I'm an I.T. guy for a small school district in BC, Canada.

Most of the time I play with servers, but occasionally I get to answer a question that makes the Eureka! light come on for a student.

Cheers!
Randall
Nice! Makes it worth the day to day, doesn't it? Not that the servers don't need some TLC too...

Jamblor

Recently graduated with a degree in Geology, also have a diploma in Mech. Eng. Design.
Worked as a mechanical designer for a little while, and more recently in mineral exploration. Currently working for a large mining company.

DDSFlyer

Wow, I feel like I'm bucking the trend or something...I'm a dentist. May be weird to you guys but I feel like you all have more interesting jobs than I do.

wrench797

I fixed small arms in the Marine Corps (Semper Fi Pete) then worked in an industrial supply warehouse until I went to school to become a mechanic. I've been swinging wrenches, mostly at Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealerships ever since. 18 years now. I love doing the electrical and driveability problems but don't get them as often as I would like. I hate doing all the maintenance stuff. Years of training and investing in tools so I can do the same job that some kid is doing down at the local quick lube place. It's the mechanical equivalent of a neuro-surgeon dispensing enemas.

FeWolf

Retired!
US Army Veteran
Retired Dept of veterans' Affairs Employee
image002.jpg

Last edited:

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I recently quit my job, but still working at it, and I have no prospects for a new job. I'm thinking about going to school for welding or machinist work.

I should probably start looking for a job to work at for now... But I kind of don't care.

tw-ryder

Well Grounded
Will is a US Navy veteran, whose field was reconnaissance, combat expedited his return to the civilian world (hooah FEWolf, oorah Pete and Wrench). Custom car shop he partnered into went the way of the NiCd. Now DoD, doing database duties at the military's EO institute, DEOMI.

The beautiful Tracy is a software developer, who earned her degree while raising our two daughters (now both adults themselves). When the Real World taught her that there are no "High-Five" moments designing CRMs, copying other people's papers, and working in a fluorescent nightmare, she pursued what she loved: working from home!

RoyBro

Mentor
I work in I.T. for a local newspaper. I mostly specialize in Computer to Plate technologies, but I do a lot of plain old desktop support.
I still do some weekend computer repair for friends and friends of friends. My basement is half full of mid-range computers and parts that I used in my hobby of keeping up with server technologies. But since getting into RC, I'm selling it off or just junking them as I need more room for planes and copters.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor