What Kind of Video Equipment do you use.

What is your Primary Video Source?

• Consumer Grade HD

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Professional 3CCD HD

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Hero HD

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Consumer Grade Standard Definiton

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Professional 3CCD Standard Definition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FPV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

John Campbell

I currently use a JVC Professional 3CCD HD Camera. I am adding a Hero 2 camera for some in flight footage. Should be interesting.

I just retired my Canon GL-2 camera. It was a great 3CCD camera, but not HD.

What equipment to you all use.

Last edited:

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
I use a Panasonic SD 900, it has a 3mos sensor and 50 progressive (full HD) frames a sec :D:D:D:D, too bad most computers cant play that back ant that there are no online sites that stream 50p.. but i still, I love it!
I also have a hd 808 #11 for my on boards with an attached fisheye for smother video, however im looking for a way to get a HD hero 2 somehow.. we will se what happens... :/

John Campbell

I use a Panasonic SD 900, it has a 3mos sensor and 50 progressive (full HD) frames a sec :D:D:D:D, too bad most computers cant play that back ant that there are no online sites that stream 50p.. but i still, I love it!
I also have a hd 808 #11 for my on boards with an attached fisheye for smother video, however im looking for a way to get a HD hero 2 somehow.. we will se what happens... :/

Just took a look at that camera.. Not shabby 12X Optical is good, but 700X Digital Zoom is a joke. Any camera you go to that has over 40X when you pass 40 you can see all sorts of pixelazation. Mine is the same way. I limit my zoom to about 20 to 30 hand held and if really desperate 40X from a Tripod. You really need the extra stability for a distant zoom.

You will find that with a 3CCD camera that you will much more vivid colors, especially in border line lighting. The image will be a lot more crisp as well.

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
3CCD is better at low lights, but at good lighting the 3mos is supposedly better, but i cant really wish for more than what my camera gives, its awesome :)

John Campbell

3CCD is better at low lights, but at good lighting the 3mos is supposedly better, but i cant really wish for more than what my camera gives, its awesome :)

I am not familiar with the 3MOS except for the fact that it is 1CCD. What ever works I guess. Now days they all seem to work pretty good.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I picked Other because I mainly use my iPhone for speed and convenience. Having said that, I'm replacing my Canon HV40 and my DSLR with a Canon 60D. I've also just got a GoPro Hero2 but no allowed to use it until Dec 25 :'(

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
I am not familiar with the 3MOS except for the fact that it is 1CCD. What ever works I guess. Now days they all seem to work pretty good.
you sure about that? im quite sure that its built by combining 3 cmos sensors, one for each color or something like that

Last edited:

John Campbell

I picked Other because I mainly use my iPhone for speed and convenience. Having said that, I'm replacing my Canon HV40 and my DSLR with a Canon 60D. I've also just got a GoPro Hero2 but no allowed to use it until Dec 25 :'(

LOL on the Hero 2.... I have the same story on that one... (But nothing is stopping me from getting an extra battery and having it charged and ready for the Magic Moment.

Did some comparison on the Hero vs the Hero 2, see attachment. Hero 2 is a much better product even for double the money in my book.

HeroCompare.jpg

John Campbell

you sure about that? im quite sure that its built by combining 3 cmos sensors, one for each color or something like that

Will have to do some more research... It is still new technology. I know the Professional Cameras have not gone to it yet, but that doesn't mean they won't

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Jeffrey let me clarify. The DSLR I currently have is the 400D so no video hence why I'm replacing my HV40 & DSLR with another DSLR . . . :D the 60D lol