What micro camera should I get?

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Hi,

I am trying to make my youtube videos a little more interesting to watch. I have decided to get a micro camera to put on the plane that I am flying. I have no idea what to get though. I am looking for something in the $10-$20 range and decent quality. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thorondor

I use the FW900TW on my Tiny Whoop, but if you need more than 25 mW signal than the FW950TW has 200 mW as well. It's a really high-quality camera, but it's also about $45. If you find you can go on the higher end of your budget, this would be my recommendation.

FDS

Elite member
I just used a couple of SQ 11 cameras, all my basic onboard shots were done with it. They are light, self contained and shoot well in 720/30, don’t put them in 1080, they are not so good in that.
I paid about $12 for mine. Example footage-

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

@FSD, Can you give me a link to the camera you have? I look around a little and there are a lot of off brands of the SQ11.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
I just bought a mid price one off eBay. I tried the really cheap ones and the internal battery died fast. They won’t last like a more expensive one but then it doesn’t matter if you crash.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Can someone give me a link to a SQ11or SQ12? I've looked on ebay and there are hundreds of different ones. Some are Quelima and some are unbranded. I have no idea which one to get.

Thanks

FDS

Elite member
It’s pot luck with them, that’s the downside of them being cheap. Just pick one that’s in the middle for price and near the top for seller rep, ideally a seller that just does tech/cameras. If you pay with PayPal and it doesn’t work you will get your money back anyway.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
It’s pot luck with them, that’s the downside of them being cheap. Just pick one that’s in the middle for price and near the top for seller rep, ideally a seller that just does tech/cameras. If you pay with PayPal and it doesn’t work you will get your money back anyway.

Ok! I'll be ordering one or two of them.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Good luck. Mine worked great, the controls are fiddly since the buttons are small and there’s no display, practice turning on or off before you fit to the plane and always charge the battery before flying the camera. I had lots of flights not record due to those two issues.