What motor and ESC

messyhead

Hi folks. I'm new to FT, and still to build my first one. I'm going to build a MUTTS model, but the only foam board I have access to is heavier than the FT board.

So my question is regarding the motor and ESC required. I think I'd need something more powerful than the FT recommended power pack. So what should I use?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Hi folks. I'm new to FT, and still to build my first one. I'm going to build a MUTTS model, but the only foam board I have access to is heavier than the FT board.

So my question is regarding the motor and ESC required. I think I'd need something more powerful than the FT recommended power pack. So what should I use?
The MUTTS was built completely out of the heavier FB available in AUS.

The motor used was a 2812 1534 kV though a wide range of motors would suffice. It can be flown using an "F" pack but it would perform much better with a "B" power pack and the 9 x 4.5 prop.

If you have any questions about the build just ask!

Have fun!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Never heard of the MUTTS so don't know what it looks like or it's size but @Hai-Lee knows his stuff so go with his recommendations
A MUTTS is a Mini Ugly Tiny Trainer Stick.

See thread:- https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/my-mutts.57768/

It is a TT with a larger, (Flaps fitted), wing and a fancy tail, that has a powerpod that can take much larger motors than the standard TT as well as supporting either tricycle or taildragger landing gear.

Have fun!