Help! What Motor/ESC/Batt for Mighty Mini Scout?

Lilbanks96

Hey I want to build the Mini Scout! I can't afford the Flite Test power pack.

Are there a few options that would be equivalent to fly the airplane?

Thanks so much!
flt-1018.jpg

FDS

Elite member
You can use any 5g servos, 1806/2400kv motor, 20-30A ESC, 6x4 prop. Battery wise the one recommended on the store is available else where, just don’t be tempted to get a lower C rating, get 40C.
You are still unlikely to get much change from $60 for all of it and the battery unless you buy a really garbage motor/esc combo.

messyhead

I get motors from ebay for around £10 or less. They might not be great quality, but I'm going to crash a lot as I learn, so cheap is good for now.

I got the esc from ebay too, these ones...

ZTW Beatles 20A BEC

Again, not too expensive.

The servos I got from amazon. You can get packs of 4 or 5 for around £10.

Im building the Scout as my next plane once I've finished the TT I'm doing now.

messyhead

Lilbanks96

Got the scout finished last night! I realized I had an extra 10 g hextronik motor. I’m running heavy 9 g servos cause they are all I have. It still flies great! Low and slow!

Attachments

• E59B5601-74A8-4505-9DF3-00D8198E0503.jpeg
    E59B5601-74A8-4505-9DF3-00D8198E0503.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

MrMonoWheel

I found this thread searching for a similar answer and was hoping I could get some advice to avoid making a new thread. I'm building a Mini Scout as a chill park flyer and need some help with choosing the battery and ESC. I originally chose a 500mah 2s 25c and moved up to an 850mah 2s 25c after reading the thread of everyone's builds and seeing pretty much all of them use 850+. My question is about the C rating. For such a small plane I assumed 25c would be fine, but someone mentioned going no lower than 40c.

Second question, I currently have it set up with a SimonK 30a ESC because on sale it was cheaper than a 20a and had free shipping, however (again after seeing other people's builds) 'm wondering if size/weight wise it's too much and I'd be better off getting the 12a.

Motor is an 1806 2280kv with a 6030 gemfan prop.