what motor?

sundown57

Legendary member
I have been building a few large biplanes and having a problem getting a motor for it. I bought one off eBay that came with a 10-inch prop but it seemed underpowered so I made a thrust and amp tester to compare motors. On my tester, I only get 22 oz thrust from the eBay 1000kv with a 10-inch prop. I can get 20 oz thrust off the fitetest f pack with a 6-inch prop. can anyone suggest a decent motor to run a 10-inch prop with good thrust and not super expensive?

The biplanes weight about 25 oz without battery. I would like to be able to use the 30amp ESC's 10-inch prop and 2200 Mah battery I already have.
Here is a link to the motor I bought that didn't work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/abcGoodefg...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Attachments

• IMG_4989.JPG
    IMG_4989.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3671.JPG
    IMG_3671.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 0

joelspangler

Are you sure you don't have the propeller on backwards? The writing should point in the direction you want the plane to go.

Also is the esc calibrated?

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I've used that same one... or nearly identical one from China. It's not a great motor but it should have more thrust than that. I'd bet the esc is not calibrated or is faulty. (Those cheap escs are kind of known for that) I'd look into the esc more than the motor being the problem...

skymaster

Elite member
I have been building a few large biplanes and having a problem getting a motor for it. I bought one off eBay that came with a 10-inch prop but it seemed underpowered so I made a thrust and amp tester to compare motors. On my tester, I only get 22 oz thrust from the eBay 1000kv with a 10-inch prop. I can get 20 oz thrust off the fitetest f pack with a 6-inch prop. can anyone suggest a decent motor to run a 10-inch prop with good thrust and not super expensive?

The biplanes weight about 25 oz without battery. I would like to be able to use the 30amp ESC's 10-inch prop and 2200 Mah battery I already have.
Here is a link to the motor I bought that didn't work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/abcGoodefg-RC-1000KV-Brushless-Motor-A2212-13T-with-30A-Brushless-ESC-Set-1045/323521589069?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
I would be very carefull with those combos i bought 2 and both esc shorted out.