Solved What plane next

OlliePackman

So my back order of the ft legacy just got cancelled and I don't know what to get instead. Iv got 250 pounds or 320 dollars to burn on a plane but I'm completely lost. Can anyone just give me a few planes they like in that price range regardless of style.

the rc project

Look at Kijiji or Craigslist,(or whatever used classifieds website you’d like)I’ve snagged up some good deals on real cool planes. The timber x is great, or with 320$ you may be able To get a 4 cell jet. You don’t seem to have many criteria, what radio do you use? What kind of battery’s do you have? Grass or paved? How big can you transport? All things that don’t relate to style but will help narrow down what you want!

OlliePackman

Look at Kijiji or Craigslist,(or whatever used classifieds website you’d like)I’ve snagged up some good deals on real cool planes. The timber x is great, or with 320$ you may be able To get a 4 cell jet. You don’t seem to have many criteria, what radio do you use? What kind of battery’s do you have? Grass or paved? How big can you transport? All things that don’t relate to style but will help narrow down what you want!
I use a spektrum dx6i. Grass runway. Probably around 1.5 meter wingspan is roughly how big I can transport. I will need to buy a battery as I don't have that many, mainly 3 cells varying in amps.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I heard that the eflite turbo timber is nice. It comes in at around 280 usd and you can spend the other 40 dollars on a couple batteries from hobbyking or something. I don’t have a turbo timber yet, but I do know that I want to get one soon.

OlliePackman

I heard that the eflite turbo timber is nice. It comes in at around 280 usd and you can spend the other 40 dollars on a couple batteries from hobbyking or something. I don’t have a turbo timber yet, but I do know that I want to get one soon.
Yeah I have seen them and had them reccomended before. They look nice but it's too similar to the apprentice I have to vouch spending the money on. I'm looking at a carbon z cub as a potential high wing candidate purely for it's stol characteristic and the fact that it is based off a real plane. I do like the fact that you can turn the flaps to full wing length ailerons on the timbre though.

FDS

Elite member
You could build the Legacy out of UK foamboard, the twin especially is way over powered. That could be done for less than your budget, leaving spare money for something else.

whackflyer

Master member
So my back order of the ft legacy just got cancelled and I don't know what to get instead. Iv got 250 pounds or 320 dollars to burn on a plane but I'm completely lost. Can anyone just give me a few planes they like in that price range regardless of style.
FMS 1700mm Super Cub. 250 USD for a BNF. I looovvveee mine.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I had figured, I mean look for some used planes you never know what people are selling. Man I would love one of those carbon z cubs!
Man, I want one of the carbon z cubs so bad! I was thinking about the timber X for a while but the carbon-z cub knocked it out of first place. Still not sure if I want to spend 400+ on a plane when I could spend $250 for the super cub that @whackflyer has or an Arrows Husky... The carbon-z cub is going to be a lot more aerobatic though which is a huge plus to a guy who likes 3D like me...

OlliePackman

Man, I want one of the carbon z cubs so bad! I was thinking about the timber X for a while but the carbon-z cub knocked it out of first place. Still not sure if I want to spend 400+ on a plane when I could spend $250 for the super cub that @whackflyer has or an Arrows Husky... The carbon-z cub is going to be a lot more aerobatic though which is a huge plus to a guy who likes 3D like me...
Yeah it would be cool but think about how difficult it is to transport because it is so big

whackflyer

Master member
If you'd prop down, get a bigger ESC, and go 4s on the tundra you could hover I think. It's pretty aerobatic, quite a lot more then my Cub, but it's smaller and not as scale of a plane to fly. You can do simple aerobatics with the Cub, it has plenty of power, so that's not a problem, but stuff like inverted takes some guts to do because you can recover very fast.

Last edited: