Solved What plane?

OlliePackman

I have decided to make a new ft plane over the coming weeks. I want something that will take me quite a while to build as I enjoyed building my first ever build over Christmas - the ft edge. However, I have flown the edge twice and trashed it by crashing both times so it's is knond of putting me off. Therefore, I'm looking for something which hard to build but a nice intermediate plane which would be good for non aeros mostly, something like a cruiser but with 1 motor preferably.

OliverW

Legendary member
I have decided to make a new ft plane over the coming weeks. I want something that will take me quite a while to build as I enjoyed building my first ever build over Christmas - the ft edge. However, I have flown the edge twice and trashed it by crashing both times so it's is knond of putting me off. Therefore, I'm looking for something which hard to build but a nice intermediate plane which would be good for non aeros mostly, something like a cruiser but with 1 motor preferably.
@The Hangar designed a plane that fits your description. The foamboard simple stick! The build was of really high quality. He is going to release the plans anyday now.
20200315_214725.jpg

The Fopster

Master member
Original FT Spitfire is very easy to fly and looks great in the air. The Master Series Spitfire would certainly meet the "takes a while to build" criteria but those are not as easy to fly (though pretty easy compared to most ARTF stuff).

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Thanks for the shout out! I have submitted the plans as a resource and they are waiting to be approved. The Simple stick is a super simple plane to build and fly - it is only 8 pieces of foam! It's wayyy easier to cut out and build than the edge. It's probably the easiest scratch build there is to do.

FDS

Elite member
@OlliePackman Curves require practice. Check out Nerdnic RC’s chuck gliders, they are easy to print off and make but will have you cutting curves in no time. Sharp blades are a must and practice practice practice.
My son is 15, we taught him curve cutting with that method, he cut 30 chuck gliders for a workshop with younger kids at school, he’s not bothered by cutting curves any more.
UK 3mm board can be used for minis, or 5mm board can be used on larger builds with length added in the nose.
A simple stick like the one above will be a great build that will teach you a lot about flying too.