What Receiver Do I Use???

jd7792

Hi guys, I have one of the Turnigy x9s which came with the 8ch receiver, but I would like to buy a receiver for a flying wing and a 3D jet. My question is in two parts
1. Being can I use other receivers with this radio?
2. Can you recommend a receiver that will do the job without being too expensive?
Thanks!:confused:

jd7792

Thnx for these suggestions, I did actually see another thread that ask same question and you posted these answers BUT when I opened the links the info states they are only compatible with HK trx's. Can you shed some light on this at all????

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Thnx for these suggestions, I did actually see another thread that ask same question and you posted these answers BUT when I opened the links the info states they are only compatible with HK trx's. Can you shed some light on this at all????

I know that :D

But check the product reviews further down on the page, see people who state they use it with their 9X's.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
For my 3 channel planes I use these: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__10625__Hobby_King_GT_2_2_4Ghz_Receiver_3Ch_.html

The 6 channel ones that Colorex linked first are what I use on my 4-6 channel planes because they're nice and compact. Colorex's 3rd link is for the old 9x radios and aren't compatible with V2 radios.

Basically, the 9x radio and the receivers are all made by FlySky. I don't know why Hobbyking re-brands the 6 channel and 9x radios differently (Hobbyking and Turnigy), but they all (the 3, 6 and 8 channel receivers) all work with each other.

By the way, don't be put off that the 3 channel rx is a 'ground' receiver... I've flown my 1m span wing out to a tiny speck with no issues.