Solved What receiver is compatible with the Wltoys F949 transmitter?

I bought a Wltoys F949 Cessna 182 plane a couple of months ago, my first plane. It was fun, and it taught me the basics of flight control. I'm pretty decent at flying now, and am ready to move on to my next plane, one which I'd like to build. However, I don't yet want to spend another £50+ to buy another transmitter. I looked around and saw a lot of receivers, but I have no idea which one is compatible with the F949 transmitter and ESC's that are compatible with such receiver. Can anyone help me with the electronic? Any help will be appreciated.

FDS

Elite member
That’s really in the “toy” category, they aren’t designed to bind with other receivers. You could buy a Flysky FS6i and receiver for under £40 like this one which will have 6 channels and work with their AFHDS2 receivers that are around £10 each and excellent for TF type planes. Or get a Jumper T12 (I know it’s more money) that will bind with your Wiltoys Cessna and runs any protocol, thanks to its module, including DSMX, FRsky, Flysky, whatever you like.
A good TX is an investment, plus they hold their value second hand.
Any ESC which isn’t a quadcopter one with a decent onboard Bec will work with any PWM receiver.

That’s really in the “toy” category, they aren’t designed to bind with other receivers. You could buy a Flysky FS6i and receiver for under £40 like this one which will have 6 channels and work with their AFHDS2 receivers that are around £10 each and excellent for TF type planes. Or get a Jumper T12 (I know it’s more money) that will bind with your Wiltoys Cessna and runs any protocol, thanks to its module, including DSMX, FRsky, Flysky, whatever you like.
A good TX is an investment, plus they hold their value second hand.
Any ESC which isn’t a quadcopter one with a decent onboard Bec will work with any PWM receiver.
Thanks a lot, I'll probably buy a cheap used transmitter as you suggested.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Look for a common brand and check that it has enough channels and allows dual rates, expo and can be programmed on the field if required. Avoid things like the DXE with no screen and poor app support. The Flysky is about as cheap as you will get. You are not going to find a £20 TX that will do what you need to fly successfully unless someone doesn’t know what they have or is a really good friend!
Also before you buy anything, think about what models you want to fly and set your maximum budget. For example if you want to fly Horizon Hobby/DSMX stuff then buying a Flysky is probably not the best choice.