what receiver to use

stew64

The early Orange receivers could be iffy but it looks like the newer Gen 2 receivers are much better we have many guys at the feild using them in Nitros and gasers and not a glitch. Lemons have always been a solid receiver.
good things to remember, especially the how deep you have dig. LOL

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
The early Orange receivers could be iffy but it looks like the newer Gen 2 receivers are much better we have many guys at the feild using them in Nitros and gasers and not a glitch. Lemons have always been a solid receiver.

You may be right on that. Still, I'd rather give my money to Lemon, if only because I have a personal beef with HobbyKing and their stocking practices...

stew64

Did you crash them because you are not experienced at flying, or were you just enjoying taking heavy risks with your models? I heavily recommend a good simulator to improve your flying skills.
Mostly bad flying too low to the ground. one may have been mechanical failure as everything just quit and it fell to the ground, another couple were possibly not set up correctly and crashed shortly after takeoff. Getting better with the safe technology from my horizon hobby planes.

stew64

You may be right on that. Still, I'd rather give my money to Lemon, if only because I have a personal beef with HobbyKing and their stocking practices...
speaking of dying horrible deaths, 1. mini apprentice, 2. valiant, 3. eflite cherokee, 4 aeroscout. 5. hobby king cessna ttx, 6 cessna 182 skytrainer, 7 hobby king axn. it has been a learning curve.

whackflyer

Master member
I’ve had pretty good luck with the orangerx ones. In fact I bought another one today.
I have had both good and bad experiences with orangerx. I have one I bought from a friend a long time ago and it's been flawless. I've ran it in a Durafly Tundra and my current FMS SuperCub on hundreds of flights with no issues. I got one from another friend that he had been having issues with. I thought he just had located it wrong in the plane and didn't have the antennas set up right, but I put it in a bloody wonder and it crashed numerous times due to the receiver. I finally trashed it. I've had really good luck with PowerUp RD410s and Storm S603s though.

stew64

I have had both good and bad experiences with orangerx. I have one I bought from a friend a long time ago and it's been flawless. I've ran it in a Durafly Tundra and my current FMS SuperCub on hundreds of flights with no issues. I got one from another friend that he had been having issues with. I thought he just had located it wrong in the plane and didn't have the antennas set up right, but I put it in a bloody wonder and it crashed numerous times due to the receiver. I finally trashed it. I've had really good luck with PowerUp RD410s and Storm S603s though.
Thanks for the information, I think several of my early crashes have been incorrectly placed receivers or gyro connections.

dahacker

My son and I have had a lot of luck with the lemon rx receivers as long as you use them with a DSMX transmitter. Lately I've been getting them from rcjuice within a couple days when they go on sale. Recently ordering directly from lemonrx I had to cancel that order because they were not able to ship in a timely manner because of COVID-19. I'd like to plug the Tiny Trainer as a decent first FT build. My son makes it look easy:

stew64

My son and I have had a lot of luck with the lemon rx receivers as long as you use them with a DSMX transmitter. Lately I've been getting them from rcjuice within a couple days when they go on sale. Recently ordering directly from lemonrx I had to cancel that order because they were not able to ship in a timely manner because of COVID-19. I'd like to plug the Tiny Trainer as a decent first FT build. My son makes it look easy:

Great video.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor

RCJuice carries Lemon receivers? Good to know! I bought my last 2 direct from Lemon, but I don't mind giving money to a business that's likely to get it to me in just a few days - They're in Northern California, I'm in San Diego, so I've got an idea it'll get here within a reasonable timeframe. :)

Bricks

Master member

The only problem with Lemon the most they offer is 7 channels, there is only one 10 and it does not offer telemetry. I understand the Hobby King thing I bought 15 10 channel Gen 2`s with telemetry when they had them on sale last year. I am a gluten when things are on sale for a great price. The only thing I do not have a decent supply is full size servos for Nitro and Gasser`s they just never seem to have a good sale on them any where I have seen. Just looking around the shop at the planes sitting here there is at least 135 servos sitting in planes.