What should be my second multirotor?

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Oh all, I am trying to learn sides of modern RC and got a micro to fiddle with.
Next I want something that will teach me a little more about what goes into one but will be an easy build and easy to fly.
Needs to be something that I can by parts for from FT or Hobbie King.

Thanx in advance.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Unfortunately there aren't really any 'easy to fly' multirotors beyond the DJI style AP rigs. On the bright side, once you can fly one you can pretty much fly them all :)

Do you have any idea what size you want to build? Or what you want to do with it?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Gremlin would be a nice next step from a micro. Plenty of community support to get you thru. Sean's right on top of things.

I have not been able to really keep up since I lost internet access other then this phone.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Unfortunately there aren't really any 'easy to fly' multirotors beyond the DJI style AP rigs. On the bright side, once you can fly one you can pretty much fly them all :)

Do you have any idea what size you want to build? Or what you want to do with it?

Eventually I'd like to do fantasy vtol scale models so super maneuverability is not necessarily, neither is camera platform stability. Maybe a trimotor?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Tricopters are for madmen ;) VTOL's are neat, but that's another level of insanity... I'd stick with quads to start, they are the easiest to get in the air and the most durable. For ease of building, you should look at 5" and larger frames. 5" is really the sweet spot IMO, but if you just want to mess around LOS then a bigger copter may be easier to see/keep oriented.