Solved What should I change my throttle stick programming to for my flying wing?

RC Soarer

I have been working on the JYNX 40" (has been modified to have a motor) and am now working on firewall and bottle cap style power-pod. I am currently working on programming the throttle, just not sure what are the best setting I could use for plane. Here is the link for the planes plan which has photos with it: http://www.rcplans.nl/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=45
Could anyone help me with this?
Thanks

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I haven't flown a slope style plane like that one before, but I think the theory is that the throttle should act as a spoiler, so in this case applying additional up elevon mixed in with the aileron/elevator inputs.

@thenated0g or @Piotrsko I think you guys are both "master slopers" - can you confirm or straighten me out on this?

RC Soarer

I haven't flown a slope style plane like that one before, but I think the theory is that the throttle should act as a spoiler, so in this case applying additional up elevon mixed in with the aileron/elevator inputs.

@thenated0g or @Piotrsko I think you guys are both "master slopers" - can you confirm or straighten me out on this?
The plane that I am flying I have modified to fit a motor, sorry about not clarifying that.

Flite Risk

By protocol I mean your transmitter type.
Frsky, Spektrum, Futaba, Gaupner

Your motor and ESC will have no bearing on how you mix your transmitter. Regarding an actual throttle stick programming, Ive not seen a program or mix set up on the throttle.

Although...... Some guys do add camber or reflex even elevator a mix based on throttle position is that what you mean?

There is a need to set up an elevon mix on a flying wing.
I only fly Frsky (Taranis Qx7) so I dont know how the other brands/manufacturers/protocols actually handle the mix for flying wings.

The below video is spot on for the OpenTx protocol.

Last edited:

Flite Risk

Rocky boy is right, i stand corrected (ive seen in a simulator (picasim)) some gliders/slope planes have an air break/camber mix in lieu of a motor.
Is that what you mean by throttle stick programming?

Flite Risk

Im slow to pick up on things sometimes and/or sometimes dont read completely.
I did eventually see you modified it for a motor.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
To clarify I am using Turnigy and I have also modified the model to fit a motor.

I don't have any Turnigy transmitters to be able to walk you through the procedure - do you have the manual for your specific transmitter model? Most Turnigy radios have the throttle output assigned to a specific channel that you can't modify - you just need to plug the ESC into the right receiver channel. If you don't have the manual, you can still probably figure it out "trial and error" style.