What should I design next??

What should I design next??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thorondor

Well, I can't decide what to build next, I narrowed it down to these but still can't decide. Whichever plane gets the most votes by like the end of January will be my next project.
I voted for the A-10 with the intent of a small, durable A-10 that flies like a fun-flyer.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hey everyone, I want to bring something up on the A-10, I am strongly considering removing it from the poll, for a couple of reasons. First off, @flitetest is just about to release an A-10, even though it's designed as a prop plane and I would end up building an EDF variant, however SP0NZ mentioned in the A-10 release thread that later on the crew at FT plan on making an EDF kit. Also @nerdnic has already created a BEAUTIFUL 64mm EDF A-10.

And I really don't want to look like I'm copying FT or trying to stop people from buying their kits. It might also look like I'm trying to one up @nerdnic and its not like I'd be making a plane for the beginner class with a whole different flight envelope, it would end up being a smaller FT A-10 or a 50mm EDF nnA-10 under my username.

So what do you think I should do, I'd really appreciate some feedback.

JTarmstr

Elite member
Hey everyone, I want to bring something up on the A-10, I am strongly considering removing it from the poll, for a couple of reasons. First off, @flitetest is just about to release an A-10, even though it's designed as a prop plane and I would end up building an EDF variant, however SP0NZ mentioned in the A-10 release thread that later on the crew at FT plan on making an EDF kit. Also @nerdnic has already created a BEAUTIFUL 64mm EDF A-10.

And I really don't want to look like I'm copying FT or trying to stop people from buying their kits. It might also look like I'm trying to one up @nerdnic and its not like I'd be making a plane for the beginner class with a whole different flight envelope, it would end up being a smaller FT A-10 or a 50mm EDF nnA-10 under my username.

So what do you think I should do, I'd really appreciate some feedback.

I say go for the F-100, never seen a foamboard version before. If not that then the stearman, i know the A-10 is a fan favorite but it is getting a ton of attention right now.

Seahunter

You may already have found it, but my in last post, I listed a website that has free aircraft drawings www.the-blueprints.com/. Check it out. They have 80,000 free blueprints to download. Profile drawings of just about every aircraft you can imagine, Modern 9777, WW2 7527, WW1 534, SciFi 2741 (it has all the star-wars fighters). Maybe that will help you decide. I'm designing a Cessna T50 twin, only a few old plans are around and none for foam that I'm aware of. Here's a shot of the drawing from that I'm working with and a picture of version one propped up for viewing, I plan to do a thread on it later. Fred

cessna-t-50-uc-78-bobcat.png GOPR0490.JPG

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
You may already have found it, but my in last post, I listed a website that has free aircraft drawings www.the-blueprints.com/. Check it out. They have 80,000 free blueprints to download. Profile drawings of just about every aircraft you can imagine, Modern 9777, WW2 7527, WW1 534, SciFi 2741 (it has all the star-wars fighters). Maybe that will help you decide. I'm designing a Cessna T50 twin, only a few old plans are around and none for foam that I'm aware of. Here's a shot of the drawing from that I'm working with and a picture of version one propped up for viewing, I plan to do a thread on it later. Fred

View attachment 122789 View attachment 122790
Yep, I use that site almost exclusively. Thanks for posting it though, now others can see it.

Your build looks really good I can't wait to see your thread on it.

DarkFire

Sam, it's your lucky day ; I am working on a Mighty-Mini-Devastator !! And already at the construction stage.

that looks awesome! I've been working on a 50 inch TBD on and off recently. A thread would be great, it might help me overcome my laziness and finish my design :p