• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What the heck am I building now???

Vimana89

Probably some sort of fighter, interceptor, or supersonic bomber. I'd have to say most likely from the cold war era, maybe something more modern. It's probably not this, but this was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw what you have so far:

Attachments

Vimana89

I looked at the TSR-2 just now. Odd looking thing. Almost like the Aero Arrow. But the landing gear.... That's the ugliest landing gear I've seen...
Not only was it ugly but it vibrated at the exact frequency of the human eyeball when it touched down, temporarily blinding the pilots. Good stuff. Unfortunate mistake or cold war shenanigans to test stuff, who knows.

Captain Jay

Making progress. Notice there is about a 1/4 inch of space on either side of the central fuselage. I'm hoping air will feed in there and travel over my esc then go out past the cables and between the EDF's. The hole will be on the bottom of the plane between the EDF's.
And a few extra build pics

Attachments

Captain Jay

Great work so far!!
Thanks... lately I'm thinking, due to the wing not being on the ground, maybe I can belly skid this thing with full flaps down and take off in 10 feet. There should be a lot of lift on this main wing. It's got a great profile. I've also got 64mm landing gear on the way in the mail. I'm thinking to hold off and install them. The nose gear comes with a servo already installed for steering. We'll see. A belly skid might be the best first option as to not damage the plane with folding over landing gear. We have a grass field to fly off so it's not that friendly on landing gear...

Captain Jay

I've got the rudder done. I tried a new way to make a hinge. Before glueing together the rudder pieces I laid a transparency film in and once glued together it was really easy to cut the foam board on each side... done and I got a very strong hinge. I'm going to use 1 servo and 2 wires to move both rudder control surfaces.... You'll see. I'm sure I'm not the first guy to think of it either.

Attachments

The Hangar

I've got the rudder done. I tried a new way to make a hinge. Before glueing together the rudder pieces I laid a transparency film in and once glued together it was really easy to cut the foam board on each side... done and I got a very strong hinge. I'm going to use 1 servo and 2 wires to move both rudder control surfaces.... You'll see. I'm sure I'm not the first guy to think of it either.
It's looking awesome! (y)

Captain Jay

Getting there, almost done. Just need to make the canopy area, nose cone and control surfaces... it's looking great, balance is working out too... If I could change one thing, I would move both EDF's forward 2"... my battery is in the nose for correct C of G and can't move back at all... Next time now that I've learned... But it's almost ready for paint...

Attachments