What the heck happened to Thingiverse!

Turbojoe

Elite member
I haven't been to Thingiverse in a few weeks. Went there today to see if by chance there were any files for parts for the Park Scale Models Cessna 182 that I'm currently working on. I immediately noticed the website was completely changed. OK, so maybe it's for the better. NOT! I typed Cessna 182 into the search field. Results were bizarre and mostly anything BUT aircraft related. I typed in names of parts that I have uploaded. No bueno. None of my files showed. Thingiverse has been painfully slow in the past but now that it's still slow and now completely useless I've gotta look for even more new upload/download 3D file sites that have R/C type files. Argh.... That should be a fun week long experience.........

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
I have been wondering about it too... Finally to find what I want I just search the web for whatever I want and then add "Thingiverse" at the last of my search.

Thanks! While unfortunately I didn't find anything Cessna 182 that I had hoped for at least it searched for Cessna 182 specifics. I guess Google REALLY is our friend.......

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
Egads... Looks like they did what windows did for winderz10. Tried to make it phone phrendly. >sigh<

That's the impression I got as well. I'm so sick of everything gravitating to cell phone that you just can't see enough on to read fully. I've almost forgotten what my 30 something son and daughter sound like. They only text, email or want to use whatever other "anti" social online methods are out there. I refuse to become a "facebooker". If I'm going to be "social" it'll be with someone I can actually see in person or TALK to. Not someone on the other end of a keyboard..... humanity is becoming downright pathetic.

Yep, I guess I'm a Luddite.........

Joe

Photo001

Noticed the same thing, but try the following:

Enter your search terms as normal in the top space for it, then go to the left 'Popular' box under that and change it to 'Relevant'. You may have to wait a short time for it to update, but it has worked for me.

Lane

Turbojoe

Elite member
Noticed the same thing, but try the following:

Enter your search terms as normal in the top space for it, then go to the left 'Popular' box under that and change it to 'Relevant'. You may have to wait a short time for it to update, but it has worked for me.

Lane

I don't see "relevant" under any of the three drop down boxes. And no matter how I search from Thingiverse I get fewer if any "relevant" hits than If I use Google instead. Thingiverse was fine before. All they needed to do was speed it up a bit (actually a lot).....

Joe

PoorManRC

Master member
...... If I'm going to be "social" it'll be with someone I can actually see in person or TALK to. Not someone on the other end of a keyboard..... humanity is becoming downright pathetic.

Yep, I guess I'm a Luddite.........
Joe
WELCOME to the subversive Luddite Old Farts Club! 😖
I tell my kids if they want an answer from me - they have to SPEAK!! Those archaic things called Vocal Chords. USE them! 😁

Photo001

As per my earlier reply
Thingiverse Search.jpg

Thingiverse Search.jpg

Seems to work just fine for me!

Lane

Turbojoe

Elite member
Looks like they've done a major overhaul of the site. Completely different layout now and much faster finally.

Joe