What to do when its dark and wet outside after work??? Upgrades!!!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
My ZMR250 was needing an upgrade. Why? because the 2205 2600KV motors are overstretched turning a 6045 prop on 3S and I want to taste the sweetness of 4S lushness ;)
Out they go, and in come a reasonably priced motor which can fling a 6040 on 4S, the Multistar Elite 2306 2150Kv. They are looking super cool on the end of those 250 class carbon fibre arms :)
Hoping to give it a bit of an outing this weekend.....if the weather gods allow.
IMG_20181107_215512618.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Upgrades are always fun.

You will be amazed at the change jumping from 3s to 4s. The jump to 5s is even bigger gains hehe.

Be sure to pick up a few sets of dal cyclone 5046 tri blades n give them a go. You will enjoy the addes response and smoothness.

Bricks

Master member
Not being a real quad guy but do fly some when making this type of change do you have to retune the quad?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Ohhh yes!!! 4S is a big leap up from 3S. Finally managed a couple of FPV flights this morning. I was a little bit freaked by hearing the quad flying past me :) :)
I'm hooked!!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Put up some video of you rippin thru the wild blue. You know the rules, :p

Oh and wait til you jump to 5s and the mailman tells you he can hear when you fly over a quarter mile (over 1km) away

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Put up some video of you rippin thru the wild blue. You know the rules, :p

Oh and wait til you jump to 5s and the mailman tells you he can hear when you fly over a quarter mile (over 1km) away
My cheap box goggles have no recorder and the video camera I have attached to the quad sadly is failing to work.
Things will change for next year but right now.... Christmas is coming and money is short.
The motors are only rated to 4S :(