What type and size plane can I build by these Equipment?

kareez

My plane crashed :cry:. Probably for reasons of overweight and lack of adherence to the CG point factor or lack of fit between the available devices. Because of the sanctions, I can't afford other things. I love making model airplanes. What type of aircraft and at what size can I make these?

This is all thing that I have:

2x Brushless Motor: Leopard (LC3542-920KV). 135g

2x ESC: Hobbywing SkyWalker 60A. 63g

2x Power: Gens (2600 mah-45C-11.1V-28.9Wh). 239g

2x Propeller: 12*6E. 27g

2x Propeller: 8*6E. 20g

8x micro servo: 9g

1x Radio control: RadioLink AT9s

8x FoamBoards 50*70cm

And Likely 3 wheels (Weight: 48g)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
You do have a couple of pretty substantially sized motors which definitely opens up a lot of options for you. Since you have two of everything to power the plane you could do a twin engine plane like the Guinea Pig or the Legacy. The Storch would also be a good one for a single prop plane. If you are starting out you could even do the Sportster as well. There are ways you could take an airframe you like and upscale the plans to fit the motors, but then building gets a little more intricate and fiddly

FDS

Elite member
Plus the Guinea Pig won’t care if your foamboard is heavy and that massive battery will counter balance the heavy tail.
You don’t have to build it with the differential thrust, if you just build it as a straight twin engine it’s still a good flier.

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Plus the Guinea Pig won’t care if your foamboard is heavy and that massive battery will counter balance the heavy tail.
You don’t have to build it with the directional thrust, if you just build it as a straight twin engine it’s still a good flier.
The guinea pig is a great flyer. I did mine without differential and was using a huge battery and it did great! It did feel a little sluggish with so much weight, but overall it was a fun bird.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
That power system would be insane on the Seaduckor the Cruiser with the 8" props

Actually, bench tests show it'd be worse than the FT power Pack C - 0.55:1 Thrust/weight ratio with the Leopard motors, vs 0.69:1 with the Emax GT2215-09 motors, running with the 8x6 props. I'd suggest the 12x6 props with a Sea Duck if you're going to use the Leopard motors, but you may actually have a clearance issue with the props hitting the ground if you build it exactly from the plans. Running the 8x6 props on the Leopard motors are doable, but it's also a lower thrust/weight ratio and you may have issues getting it off of the ground due to the weight of the plane. A 10x4.5 or 10x6 prop would be better suited to those Leopard motors than an 8x6 prop.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Actually, bench tests show it'd be worse than the FT power Pack C - 0.55:1 Thrust/weight ratio with the Leopard motors, vs 0.69:1 with the Emax GT2215-09 motors, running with the 8x6 props. I'd suggest the 12x6 props with a Sea Duck if you're going to use the Leopard motors, but you may actually have a clearance issue with the props hitting the ground if you build it exactly from the plans. Running the 8x6 props on the Leopard motors are doable, but it's also a lower thrust/weight ratio and you may have issues getting it off of the ground due to the weight of the plane. A 10x4.5 or 10x6 prop would be better suited to those Leopard motors than an 8x6 prop.
Right the lower Kv, good point