What wings are people building?

Authmion

Looking at building a blunt nose versa, was looking for YouTube videos of other people's builds, but they seem to be all a few years old.... Is it not a popular design anymore? What's everyone building wing wise now.

Still thinking of building it, cause *I* like the design, especially for my first wing.... But what's everyone building nowadays?

donalson

I think most of the vids are older because it is an older design... but i know there are plenty of people still building... but there are newer wings out there now from FT that happen to be better for FPV (spear, dart, and arrow)...

that being said I recently built the versa... it flies great once I got the CG right and dialed in a little bit more up elevator (like josh suggests in the video)... I've put it into the ground pretty hard a few times and even crashed it into a palm tree... it still looks and flies great... I'll build another down the road... prob with the blunt nose version but I may cut up the old one and figure out to see if I could mount a flight board and FPV camera with out too much work...

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
As a first and somewhat indestructible design I would recommend that you consider one of the KFM wing designs.

I built one for a club member after he flew mine and today he threw it into the ground, hard, on launch and broke the prop, (quite a feat for a pusher), and then after fitting a new prop he launched it only to watch it come to a complete standstill in the air and start to fly backwards into the ground, (Reverse pitch used as a replacement). Damage to the wing, (apart from the prop), ZERO! Not even a single scratch in the paint work.

As a robust learning wing they are hard to beat!

Just my opinion!

Have fun!

mountaindewdude76

I scratch built an FPV49v4 using Dollar Tree foamboard. Currently it has a Spektrum AR7700 rx onboard with an Omnibus F4 v2 flight controller flashed with Inav. NTM PropDrive 3536 1450kv motor, Turnigy Plush 60amp esc, Align DS510 metal gear servos, Castle 10amp BEC, red LED's for tail lights, 10x5 APC prop, ImmersionRC 5.8ghz vtx, and two 4S 5000mah lipo's.

I also have a Reptile S800 wing with 2205-2300kv motor, Turnigy Plush 40amp esc, Corona metal gear 13g servos, 6x4 DAL prop, Lumineer 5.8ghz vtx with heatsink, and TBS Crossfire Micro v2 rx.

both wings are a lot of fun to fly!!!

Attachments

• FPV49v4.jpg
    FPV49v4.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0
  • S800 Wing.jpg
    S800 Wing.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 0

quimney

I love the blunt nose... I've got one that is over two years old and still flying... I think I have thrown it away twice, I just keep resurrecting it because it is just too much fun. When it's finally time I will build another because it is fun, easy to fly and has plenty of room for cameras and batteries.