What would you like to see as the new FT scratch build aircraft.

abieex

Mentor
I agree on another jet. Hopefully something on par with Mesa or RC Powers. Way tired of mini planes!

Jbing

I'm working on a Beech Staggerwing design. I'm trying to keep it somewhat scale. And its going to be swappable with my FT Mustang and Baby Blender.

ASW92

Backyard Pilot
I agree on another jet. Hopefully something on par with Mesa or RC Powers. Way tired of mini planes!
I second the F-86 Sabre. Another jet I would like to see would be an A-6 Intruder.
I'm working on a Beech Staggerwing design. I'm trying to keep it somewhat scale. And its going to be swappable with my FT Mustang and Baby Blender.

I think all of these are actually great ideas. I think a combination of a swappable EDF version of a Staggerwing would be cool...a modern twist on an old classic.

Maxstudio

I'd like to Challenge Peter and gang to build the planes from Crimson Skies!

images-48.jpg

Proptimus

The PT-19 Trainer Would Be Amazing!

Hey guys,

I've been tinkering with the hobby since I was 8 years old. I remember it so well. Under the Christmas tree was a vintage Cox PT-19 string line trainer with a .049 gas engine. It was the loudest and most irresponsible way to learn to fly anyone has ever come up with. I think my Dad and I must have crashed it a hundred times before we got it all the way around the circle.

I would love to see a foam version of the plane done with full controls rather than string line. If you know how this might be accomplished or can give me any advice it seems like a fairly simple build. This one will definitely bring back memories for a lot of people who love this hobby.

Cheers!

Maxstudio

Hey guys,

I've been tinkering with the hobby since I was 8 years old. I remember it so well. Under the Christmas tree was a vintage Cox PT-19 string line trainer with a .049 gas engine. It was the loudest and most irresponsible way to learn to fly anyone has ever come up with. I think my Dad and I must have crashed it a hundred times before we got it all the way around the circle.

I would love to see a foam version of the plane done with full controls rather than string line. If you know how this might be accomplished or can give me any advice it seems like a fairly simple build. This one will definitely bring back memories for a lot of people who love this hobby.

Cheers!

I HAD ONE OF THOSE TOO! that would be cool!....I was actually just the other day talking about control line days with a childhood friend.......wonder how an electric control line plane would be? I was just thinking when we were talking about how i missed getting dizzy flying in a circle, LOL

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
If they do an EDF why not a simpler project with no real induction issues like a He162 Salamander.

A simple shoulder wing with the fan mounted on top of the fuselage.

split tail would be the only real challenge.

Crazy Goats

I feel like FT doing a salamander would be kinda like an FT Otter with an EDF and a split tail. It looks doable to me.

I would like to see a speed plane. Something less geared for beginners.

EDIT: Please, please, please please, no more minis for a while.

kdobson83

Yes, I agree with almost everyone here. An edf jet of some sort would be cool. Or anything non mini.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
As a french dude, I will ask for an EDF Mirage 2000.
Design is very simple and somewhat similar to the vigen, you could build it with a cardboard tube and a cardboard triangle really.
MIRAGE-2000-9-EMIRATI.png