What would you like to see as the new FT scratch build aircraft.

hemicharger

I have always wanted a Northrop YB-35 flying wing. FT makes several wings but one with dual pusher props in the back and details like the bubble cockpit etc. would be really cool! I don't think anyone else makes a kit for this. I thought about making my own version out of one of the different wing kits available.

Captain Jay

Elite member
I want to see more EDFs on their site. For purchase pre cut or download drawings. Such as Learjets, the Honda jet, a Citation. Stuff like that. And less propeller driven jets. I find them to fake looking. I also see to many warbird jets. Let's get creative...
learjet_70.jpg
IMG_20190625_2158075.jpg

Last edited:
How about an Ultimate Biplane? I have seen quite a few floating around but I would like to see a Flite Test version, maybe even in the master series style of building......around 48" wingspan.

earthquake

How about a "Bi-wing"? do you think it would work?
I would also like to see a quad version of the "Millennium Falcon"

Casey

Brianna81

I have another request. Just saw this video. I would take any of the airplanes in this video :D Though I think in the outtakes, the water plane would be a fun combination of RC Boat and RC Airplane :D

earthquake

I have another request. Just saw this video. I would take any of the airplanes in this video :D Though I think in the outtakes, the water plane would be a fun combination of RC Boat and RC Airplane :D

The plane called "the Last Laugh" looks like a early try at a lifting body, it would be fun to make one that flies, It looks like all flat panels too.

Casey

Brianna81

The plane called "the Last Laugh" looks like a early try at a lifting body, it would be fun to make one that flies, It looks like all flat panels too.

Casey
I had to go look that one up, it did look pretty awesome. It seems one person had actually made an RC version that did fly. Was from a foreign country so I couldn't read about it, but it was pretty accurate. I liked the lifting body airliner biplane too. That was an interesting concept

It's definitely unique. Pretty cool how the person who made the RC version made the video of it appear to be part of the original video. I can't really tell if the RC version is flying under it's own power though. Almost looks like it's being towed or flown under a quad or something

Captain Jay

Elite member

There has been some monstrousities along the way hasn't there... lol

Last edited:

DutchRoll

I had to go look that one up, it did look pretty awesome. It seems one person had actually made an RC version that did fly. Was from a foreign country so I couldn't read about it, but it was pretty accurate. I liked the lifting body airliner biplane too. That was an interesting concept

It's definitely unique. Pretty cool how the person who made the RC version made the video of it appear to be part of the original video. I can't really tell if the RC version is flying under it's own power though. Almost looks like it's being towed or flown under a quad or something

Looks to be very draggy, with that big hole in the back.

quorneng

Master member
I am not sure how much of the Last Laugh body is actually creating any lift. Its wings are more of a very 'narrow' delta which actually has quite stable aerodynamics although not very efficient.
I suspect the fuselage shape was chosen more for structural than for aerodynamic reasons.
The Last Laugh was modified with twin vertical rudders on short rear tail booms. After much testing it was claimed to have risen 10 feet in to the air.

RustySocket

I want to see more EDFs on their site. For purchase pre cut or download drawings. Such as Learjets, the Honda jet, a Citation. Stuff like that. And less propeller driven jets. I find them to fake looking. I also see to many warbird jets. Let's get creative... View attachment 135352 View attachment 135351
@Captain Jay
You posting these great personal jets is eventually going to push me over the edge and I will have to commit to some fan units and build one. What are the details on this one?

I know you said enough military but I think a Mig 15 would lend itself well to a nice EDF.

Captain Jay

Elite member
@Captain Jay
You posting these great personal jets is eventually going to push me over the edge and I will have to commit to some fan units and build one. What are the details on this one?

I know you said enough military but I think a Mig 15 would lend itself well to a nice EDF.
Well, actually I've posted recently about some builds I'm doing. You should look for it under everything flitetest. They're recent. And I put build pics with measures. That will get you wanting to try edf building...

Attachments

• IMG_20200122_1912425.jpg
    IMG_20200122_1912425.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200122_1912195.jpg
    IMG_20200122_1912195.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0

RustySocket

Well, actually I've posted recently about some builds I'm doing. You should look for it under everything flitetest. They're recent. And I put build pics with measures. That will get you wanting to try edf building...
Yes, I saw that thread. I've got some learning to do before my foam skills will get to that level but your work is spectacular. Keep it up.

Figure9

Elite member
I’d like to see more challenging designs that use Power Pack ‘B’ or smaller, swappable engine & electronic pods, with wings cut from a single FT Foam Board or DTFB (wingtip to wingtip) fitting at the biggest within the board diagonal, same for the fuselage. Larger than micro, but including some master builder techniques with up to 6 channel options like ailerons, flaps, flaperons, spoilers, multi-engine, fixed gear or retracts option, etc. Call these, advanced mid-size designs. Some builders might like the master series designs but lack the bench or shop size to build those.