What would you like to see as the new FT scratch build aircraft.

Captain Jay

Elite member
As a french dude, I will ask for an EDF Mirage 2000.
Design is very simple and somewhat similar to the vigen, you could build it with a cardboard tube and a cardboard triangle really.
View attachment 85049
I've been thinking if scratch building one of these using a 3s rated FMS 64mm edf. I even drew out a few things then stopped because I don't know how to do the C of G on the plane.

IcedStorm777

I've been thinking if scratch building one of these using a 3s rated FMS 64mm edf. I even drew out a few things then stopped because I don't know how to do the C of G on the plane.

Usually you can just look up the engineering drawings of the plane and get pretty darn close to where it is supposed to be.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I’d like to see more challenging designs that use Power Pack ‘B’ or smaller, swappable engine & electronic pods, with wings cut from a single FT Foam Board or DTFB (wingtip to wingtip) fitting at the biggest within the board diagonal, same for the fuselage. Larger than micro, but including some master builder techniques with up to 6 channel options like ailerons, flaps, flaperons, spoilers, multi-engine, fixed gear or retracts option, etc. Call these, advanced mid-size designs. Some builders might like the master series designs but lack the bench or shop size to build those.
Your in luck buddy, I just finished up an f pack Master series spitfire!
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/mighty-mini-master-series-spitfire.60575/

RedTwilight

I've always wanted more design for crop dusters. The more the merrier! Whether it's a Cessna C-188 AgWagon, an Aries Thrush, an air Tractor, a G-164 AgCat, or even a Transavia AirTruk. Any and all aerial applicators would be awesome.

There also seems to be way to few designs of WWI craft as well. Maybe a Fokker D-VI with it's rounded fuselage similar to the DR1 but only the two wings similar to a D-VII. It's one of the best looking aircraft of WWI.

Vimana89

Legendary member
De Havilland Dragon
1581904319215.png

1581904367559.png

newguy2012

Here is your F4 . This guy is amazing. I think this technique could work with foam board. Need to mod a little to get EDF.
I am building this right now. He is an amazing craftsman, but the video skips steps. I got stuck on the formers for the intakes and the tail. But we are ready for electronics. I made this from the Rl Adams ready board

Attachments

• IMG-20200410-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20200410-WA0002.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

newguy2012

I am building this right now. He is an amazing craftsman, but the video skips steps. I got stuck on the formers for the intakes and the tail. But we are ready for electronics
I don't have alot of EDF experience but there is a ton of room in the fuse for those guts

Samh

Elite member
how about all these in master series. Aeroshrike Commander, Vans RV-4, Cessna 421 or 310, Beechcraft bonanza, Cessna Sky-master, Air tractor 502, Thrush 510, Beech raft King air, Gamebird Composites GB-1 Gamebird, Extra 300, Yak 54, Dehaviland Twin Otter