What would you say the upward Ampere tolerance of 18A kiss ESCs

Robbie

To run cobra 2208s 6045 4S is quoted by RotorGeeks at 24As of current at 100% throttle, i am curious to see whether Kiss ESCs could take this or more?

Ocean

There seem to be quite a few people who are running 2208s on 6045 for their 300 frames, with KISS 18a. So I'm guessing you will be ok, Kiss escs are rather beefy and the components in the 18a are rated for 30a, its only the traces for under 30a.

If you are a bit nervous you could just wait for the 30a versions, they will take 6s as well.

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
The fets on the 18a are rated to 30a but the traces on the PDB are only rated to 18a, hence why it is 18. I have run up to 30a on my esc's but of course, do so at your own risk. The 30a 6s esc's are 200 times worth of fun :)

Robbie

The fets on the 18a are rated to 30a but the traces on the PDB are only rated to 18a, hence why it is 18. I have run up to 30a on my esc's but of course, do so at your own risk. The 30a 6s esc's are 200 times worth of fun :)

yeh, i reckon i will be safe on cobra 2208, and i only really need a burst every so often, i just like the be sure you know, because my friend has had a few problems with overloading his Kiss 12A ESCs (he was too tight to buy the 18A ones) and i just didn't want to same problem for my me. As you know when one component fails you often end up with a much larger bill when your quad drops out the sky while racing through a forest at 40mph :)