What's a good FT or other foamboard design that does well in moderate wind?

MrJoshua1313

I just recently finished my FT Simple Scout and I absolutely love it. It's the first plane I've built that flies predictability and easily except for one thing... wind. My first flights were on a near windless day but yesterday when I tried to fly it the plane was getting pushed around quite a bit. The wind speed was probably between 5 to 10mph. This brings me to my question. Is there a FT design or other community designed plane that will do better on windy days? I'm totally digging this hobby and I'd love to add a second plane to my fleet that will be easier to handle on windy days.

Thanks!

MrJoshua1313

I just recently finished my FT Simple Scout and I absolutely love it. It's the first plane I've built that flies predictability and easily except for one thing... wind. My first flights were on a near windless day but yesterday when I tried to fly it the plane was getting pushed around quite a bit. The wind speed was probably between 5 to 10mph. This brings me to my question. Is there a FT design or other community designed plane that will do better on windy days? I'm totally digging this hobby and I'd love to add a second plane to my fleet that will be easier to handle on windy days.

Thanks!
I have flown my FT Spitfire in 15mph sustained winds with absolutely zero problems. I do use a stabilizer (gyro) reciever with only moderate gains. My $.02 worth.