What's in YOUR workshop?

Tench745

Master member
I've jealous of the open space! :D Is that an open frame style needle cutter and a hot wire foam cutter hanging out in there? I love when people build tools to use to build more stuff! (y)

The clutter level in my shop doesn't make me very happy - two hobbies ago right after I put all the tools on the cabinet doors I could get everything put away into it's place and have empty workbench tops. Fast forward 15 years worth of tool / project / material acquisition and it's obvious I really need to have a yard sale. :cry:

Laser cutter, which I need to modify a bit before it's rigid enough for the needle cutter. Under the hotwire cutter is a home made vacuum-forming box too.

I keep trying to get out of hobbies to make space for new ones, but it's a lot harder to clean out that it is to acquire. :D

synjin

Elite member
Saw Flying Monkey's first post in this thread, "What does your hobby area look like?"

Area?

You mean I have to stick to just ONE hobby area?

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Ok, after looking are your guys shops I will post pics of mine up. I have two shops, one is a hobby room/build room/airplane, boat and car storage display area that I made out of a spare bedroom and if you guys follow my build threads you will see pics of this room.

IMG_2106.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

The other is my downstairs basement I just finished building. The basement storage/shop area took me 5 months of hard labor every day after work and it started as a dirt pit under our house. It was one heck of a project and I did it all by myself, up to code, inspected and all good and I finished it last week. I do my dirty work down there that includes scroll saw, band saw, miter saw, drill press and two work benches, along with 600 sqft of storage.

IMG_2109.JPG

And yes, you can have more than one hobby/shop area!

Zetoyoc

Elite member
There is some good inspiration here. After hiding from the world for a month or two I have come out and acquired a few projects. I will be making a new and improved work area soon with some of the spaces in this thread in mind.

luvmy40

Elite member
Well, since this got resurrected by what appears to be a spam bot, ill post up a pic of my "work shop".
130 year old basement, the floor joists are about 1/4" from the top of my head. I still have to get all the ham radio antennae wires pulled out. The PO was a ham radio junkie, there's 1/2" coax cables running everywhere.

I try to clean up before a project, sometimes successfully

Work Shop Mess.jpg