What's on your Holiday Wish List?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
So 'tis the season of gifting and giving - so let's make it easier on those who might be shopping for us. And give each other ideas for post holiday sales :)

So what's on your wishlist this year?

For me it's more balsa. :) And while I'm a fan of just about anything by https://www.stevensaero.com/ or http://www.mountainmodels.com/ (I've built multiple models from both and loved 'em) I'm interested in a couple kits by other vendors too;

I'd like to do a balsa mini stick - either Radical RC Das Mini Low Stick (about half-way down the page) or the Radical RC Das Mini Bipe would be awesome.

101868.JPG

101869.JPG

And I also want to tackle a park sized WWI biplane too from nice looking plans & short kits like these:

Aviatik 30.27 N075
arc Aviatik_3027_1.jpg

Fokker D.VII N025
arc fok dvii 36.jpg

Fokker D.VIII N119
arc fok dviii 36.jpg

And yeah, I know the D.VIII isn't a bi-plane, but this one is the right size for the motor/battery/field and looks really cool! :)

So what're you hoping the big guy (or wife) gets for you this year?

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
1) World peace (intergalactic too)...
2) FOOD! I LOVE FOOD!
3) Most of all, I'm hoping for a hyperloop tunnel from CMH up to the soon to be FT super RC Retreat.

Cheers!
LitterBug

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I'd like a sailplane, or something to do slope soaring with. I just found a beach spot about 10 min. away from my work; I can go down on my lunch hour and get a flight or two in before having to head back for lunch. :)

I'd also love for my friend who runs a cat rescue to have all of her kittens adopted for the holiday season; they deserve good homes.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
For some odd reason the RC car bug bites me every Christmas season so for this Christmas I'm asking for this
truxk.jpg
https://us.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_351314.html
I just bought a 2wd traxxas slash off of my buddy and want another car so I don't have to be the only one freezing my but off outside messing around with an rc car.

jaredstrees

I believe the wife just ordered me a switchback sport from mountain models and a durafly tunda. Fingers crossed.

And another note, make a donation this year to a charity that holds dear to you. We've all had family or freinds that illness has affected, so try and do something that may make the next person who is fighting for their health have a bit more hope.

Happy Holidays everyone!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I wanna start tiny whooping, so I hope I get all I need to start with FPV

Banggood has a great deal where you can get everything you need to start for $65, it would be the perfect thing to ask for. I took a similar route but built mine with similar components, basically the same thing but I upgraded the motors. I definitely recommend starting tiny whooping, it's so much fun.

Geeto67

Posting Elsewhere
An airplane that flies, because everything I have right now is broken.

I did cheat and went out and bought an Eflite UMX waco on sunday. I really shouldn't have but oops. Got home and found out my battery charger cable for those small batteries is missing so now I have to wait till the weekend to get another one.

I am kinda hoping someone buys me the E-flite Taylorcraft or PA-20 Pacer but I doubt it, I'll probably end up buying one for myself.

More than anything though I want some time and a clean workbench to fix the borked airplanes I have.

I also bought a 3d printer, so I am hoping that it gets here before x-mas and I can get it setup and print a 3dprint lab stearman soon.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
I was thinking about a Red Bull version, but I'm worried about seeing it while flying and since this will be a precision aerobatic airplane I might look at other Extra 300's for some color schemes that are easier to tell orientation. I hate losing orientation while flying aerobatics.

sprzout

Mentor
I believe the wife just ordered me a switchback sport from mountain models and a durafly tunda. Fingers crossed.

And another note, make a donation this year to a charity that holds dear to you. We've all had family or freinds that illness has affected, so try and do something that may make the next person who is fighting for their health have a bit more hope.

Happy Holidays everyone!

My donations have been to buying cat litter and cat food from the local PetSmart for a cat rescue. They'll put food out at 75% off, right before the expiration date, and so I pick it up for them and take it over to them. 20+ cats that are being fostered and adopted out at any given time, they eat, and they poop. So food and cat litter are ALWAYS welcome. Plus, I know it's actually going towards the cats...:)

And I have been told, "No more planes! The STACK of them in the spare bedroom, I'm tripping over them. You cannot have any more planes until you find another place to put them!" So I'm going to use a loophole there - she said no planes. She never said anything about drones or helicopters.

Santa, please - I'd love an ImmersionRC Vortex 230 Mojo! :)

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
So I'm going to use a loophole there - she said no planes. She never said anything about drones or helicopters.

Santa, please - I'd love an ImmersionRC Vortex 230 Mojo! :)
That's a great excuse to get into another aspect of the hobby!

sprzout

Mentor
That's a great excuse to get into another aspect of the hobby!

I've already got a Blade Conspiracy 220 and an Inductrix Pro, but I can always use another drone, right? :)

Actually, I should ask for another headset for people who want to do ride alongs...

sprzout

Mentor
If you don't want to spend too much, or give Santa a little break, the VR007 from banggood is a great budget option.

We'll see. If I get a Christmas bonus, I may go out and treat myself to a pair of Fatshark Attitude V4's and relegate my Cyclops to the backup pair...I want to try them out first if I can to see what they feel like, since I haven't tried goggles yet, just the big, bulky headset.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I love my 007's, I tried using fat sharks but I am too far sighted for them. The only issue in my case is the lack of a dvr on the goggles. I would definitely check and see if they are right for you before buying them