What's on Your Mind? Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves...

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I would suggest you try the tiny trainer. Very versatile.

I have two waiting to be build. One as a chuck glider to build with my godchild and a motorized one for me. And I'm pretty confident there will be a few days of heavy flight training in the not so distance future. :)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Ha! Miniquads should come in orange!!! Ever had one eject a battery over tall grass? that's a fun hunt :p

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
this is whats on my mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZeSOPtt-Eo
how is it possible

The suspension line has been blurred out. If you like CG you might want to check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34Q0BB8-2nA

Here's something flight related but not our "typical bird".

It's my son in Spain with his kestrel. This is the kestrel's first untethered flight (and chance to make a break for it). The kestrel's name is Kennedy and he's just a few months hatched.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I want to fly. The weather is awesome

But have so many projects piled up at work that I'm working day and night.

Can I come back to Canton?

12g

gotta say... big on my mind lately. a chimp with a briefcase. not sure why, but man is it fun.

that is all.

ExperimentalRC

A couple days ago I was listening to my local political radio station, and they were talking about drones. They were talking about all of the sightings by commercial pilots. One thing I don't understand is how the pilot is able to tell a DJI Phantom apart from a seagull. I would think that an object moving ~200 mph 100 feet away from you would look more like a white blob.

DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-Plus-Lights-1.jpg

Bird-flying757.jpg

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I was just in Milwaukee last week with my new Inductrix. You don't suppose it was mistaken for a... Nah!

Actually most of my flying was in Racine. Where do you fly in Milwaukee?

ExperimentalRC

I was just in Milwaukee last week with my new Inductrix. You don't suppose it was mistaken for a... Nah!

Actually most of my flying was in Racine. Where do you fly in Milwaukee?

Mostly in my frontyard, but once in a while I'll go to Elm Grove park if nobody is there. I do a lot of AP and marketing stuff for businesses in Milwaukee and the midwest.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Thanks.

My daughter and son-in-law live there with my 2.5 y/o grandson. It looks like I'm successfully bringing him into the hobby as he has been flying the PicoQX I got him for Father's Day and he now wants an Inductrix. In time maybe he'll get an AP platform he can use for work too like the big new bridge he is very proud of.

Next time I'm in the area I'll look into that park. Is the "airspace" adequate?

ExperimentalRC

Its a fairly large park. There is a big manmade hill that looks good for sloping. There are big trees lining the perimeter of the park, so it can get somewhat turbulent, but it looks mostly calm. This time of year it's used a lot for sports, so I'm also looking at another park that I've never seen anyone use.

What area does your daughter an son-in-law live in? As long as you're respectful, and its nearly empty, almost any large park would work out. I find that the Milwaukee police are generally ok with the whole "drone" issue. I was shooting video in what was basically the city and some police on bicycles came up to me. They were very curious about it's capabilities, and even joked, "we could use this for so many drug busts."

kriswithak

kriswithak57
What's on my mind July 13th 2017.

It's a dilemma HELP.

I have said in other spots through our Community that I'm 59 years young (60 0n Dec. 8th) and 4 years ago
Sept, I received a Cancer (Prostate) diagnosis, that according to it alone had us convinced that I would surly not be doing this here and now. Not supposed to be here according to man!

Oh well, now the dilemma. My lovely girls have bought the required (bits, shout out for Bruce you know me) to complete the P-51/ They are on the slow boat from China and that's awesome because it's always a present surprise when they arrive. Then my lovely government comes and gives us a rebate from the implementation of the HST. (Harmonised Sales Tax) 4 times a year. So I HAD a plan, July HST = Corsair Speed Build Kit. Not a problem..................

Unless, one starts to consider an Epiphone Pro-1 Acoustic Wine Red.

Background..............Always wanted to play guitar, since 1963, Lessons taken 1. discipline level 0. Desire to Know how, ever increasing, actual move towards goal slow and sporadic, painfully undone.

Corsair/Guitar, feedback please.

Love you all

Brother in Christ to some. Kris: