What's on Your Mind? Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves...

earthsciteach

The Flite Test forum has a really interesting base of users. I feel that more nationalities are represented on here than most other RC forums and everything seems to be quite harmonious. We are all people with a common interest regardless of our individual beliefs, origins, weird personalities (FlyingMonkey), etc. So, I'm tossing this thread up as a place for folks to speak whatever is on their mind. Something bugging you? Toss it out! Something awesome happen? Share it! Just want to chat? Post it here!

Now, with this comes some inherent pitfalls. Please be civil in any discussions with others. There are ways to disagree without being disagreeable (ew, that sounds so teacher-like). Please, no personal attacks. But, a good, thoughtful debate is ALWAYS a good thing!

Let the brain dump commence!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
bah ha ha ha ha... you and your rules.

Once a few people have posted in here, the first post will be forgotten.

Then it will be a free for all of ideas, jokes, and camaraderie without need for rules.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I can't wait for all my orders to come in! And I can't wait to place an order for FPV gear! And still my Bixler is here on the floor in a few pieces (taken apart - not crashed) and I haven't taken the time to put it back in flying condition.

I just dyed my black pants blacker.

And now I'm supposed to clean my room and bring some order to it.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Nice work, André! Definitely post up a fabrication thread when you have your technique worked out.

Oh, technique? My technique is just to start doing it! I still have to figure out a way to measure and bend at the right place, but I am sure that this type of antenna making is much easier with a jig.

One thing I learned as well. Get your wires bent so that they stay in position without solder. If they are stretched while soldering they are going to jump apart when you're going to add the cable to the mix.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Oh, I guess you can't guess how I got that wire so straight after it being all coiled up and springy :D Wait for the article!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
If you want to join in on our first user generated contest, then click the second link in my signature...

Hurry, teach is hard at work designing his "winning" plane.

fotolia_1729181_XS.jpg