whats the best ghz for fpv

jamills77

i was wondering what would be the best set up for fpv 900mhz, 5.8ghz or 2.4ghz, would some one inlighting me on which is the best:confused:

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
That depends on what you're wanting to do with it. What are your goals with FPV? Are you going for long distance? Or are you wanting to do AP? Or fly in formation with your buddies? Or rip around your flying field, dodging trees and posts and being silly (in a safe way, of course)?

All frequency options have their applications, defined by their drawbacks and benefits.

crazyhorse21

That depends on what you're wanting to do with it. What are your goals with FPV? Are you going for long distance? Or are you wanting to do AP? Or fly in formation with your buddies? Or rip around your flying field, dodging trees and posts and being silly (in a safe way, of course)?

All frequency options have their applications, defined by their drawbacks and benefits.

hi sorry to hijack your thread jamills77 ...

but i too would like to know the answer too for this ..

1. For long range application (1 to 2 km ... that would be long range for me).... (to see the world the way the birds do ;)

2. Short/medium range for the best signal ----> downlink ---> HDMI display monitor

thanks

CH

Nonamerc

Arman
hi sorry to hijack your thread jamills77 ...

but i too would like to know the answer too for this ..

1. For long range application (1 to 2 km ... that would be long range for me).... (to see the world the way the birds do ;)

2. Short/medium range for the best signal ----> downlink ---> HDMI display monitor

thanks

CH

Hi search on flitetest.com for fpv frequencies for dummies , in that article you will find some more info about fpv frequencies. With the right antennas on 5.8 GHz you can fly about 2km with the right antennas. Note that when there is a tree or something in the signal you will lose your image.... Other frequencies like 900MHz 1.2 GHz and 2.4 GHz wont have the same problem as much as 5.8 GHz. There is not a HDMI downlink for fpv. Also the type of frequency wont make anny difference in the picture quality. I tested it, the big difference is the camera. in theory you can fly long range 6km+ with all frequencies but with frequencies like 900 mhz and 5.8 ghz are harder then 1.2 ghz and 2.4 ghz. Most important thing is the antenna id you are interested in range Mw does not matter 200mw-500mw is good. Most high mw transmitters 1watt+ suck, old tech. Got any questions ask me on youtube im on vacation but my friend can help you. Youtube.com/nonamerc. Also 1.2 ghz and 2.4 ghz dont work with 2.4 ghz rc. Where do you live depends from country to country whats legall ;)

jamills77

Thanks for replying, im looking at doing FPV at a range of 2 to 5 miles , been looking at a 2.4ghz setup with a 1000mw transmitter , but it looks like what i have read a 2.4ghz Fpv setup womt work with a 2.4ghz rc , what is your opinion on this???

Carbon

Elemental Madness
For that range you are going to need UHF for controlling your plane. I would suggest getting a Turnigy 9x with an EZUHF, rangelink, or dragonlink. For your video I would suggest 1.2/1.3 or 2.3. If you go with 2.3ghz the antennas are faily small and you are away from the crowd up on 2.4ghz from wifi. Check this out: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_30_103&products_id=1108
Tuned by IBcrazy. Then use a 5 turn helical antenna and a cloverleaf on the plane(I would suggest BlueBeams) and after hours and hours of research and flying, you can fly that far :D

Nonamerc

Arman
Thanks for replying, im looking at doing FPV at a range of 2 to 5 miles , been looking at a 2.4ghz setup with a 1000mw transmitter , but it looks like what i have read a 2.4ghz Fpv setup womt work with a 2.4ghz rc , what is your opinion on this???

The best gear that you can get is:
EZuhf with an srh-711 transmitter antenna and sander style antennas for your rx. From readymaderc.com
2.4 GHz 500mW lawmate video transmitter team-blacksheep.com
8 dbi or 12 dbi patch for 2.4 GHz fpv. Higher dbi is a narrower beam in which in the antenna can receive data.

With this setup you can fly with easily 10 miles.

Reason why you should not go for 2.3 GHz imho
Antenna size will be only smaller by 0.5 cm or so. No big difference
Yes you are away from wifi and stuff but thats not a really big problem so it wont matter that much, maybe when you are going for 20+ km. Also when you use the higher channels on your transmitter you will also be away from the wifi and stuff. Wifi is 2400mhz

Lawmate is proven quality by allot of people in different situations.

2.4 GHz rc wont work with 1.2/1.3 GHz or 2.4 GHz fpv.

DONT buy the lawmate 1000mW transmitter series its crap, old tech bad filtering